Sexy Hallowe'en Costume: the Costume

A friend sent me this yesterday as a response to the sexy costume costume. Joke’s on everyone because sexy cockroach and sexy poo is really a costume and i’m pretty sure i’ve seen a sexy tampon one too.

1 Like

I am pretty sure I couldn’t walk in those heels, myself.

The local thrift store does hilarious Halloween ads every year. My favorite offered “Sexy Ben Franklin” as an option.

2 Likes

Sexy Engineer = Put on glasses and talk nerdy. Being in Austin i would say that the dress would be normal lol.

1 Like

The joke on everyone I think is that “sexy” is subjective. I encounter this all the time when I shop for clothes, and think “Thanks, but I can make up my own mind what I think is sexy. I am not going to buy it because you (the seller), say it is.” It is IMO not weird that anybody would find any given thing sexy, it is weird that a consensus develops or is assumed to exist around these. My more pragmatic intuition suggests that manufacturers and sellers favor this “sexy” because less fabric reduces costs. But OTOH most people have underwear and swimsuits already anyway.

To me there’s a big distinction between attractive and sexy. Sure someone wearing something flattering and/or revealing can be sexy, but that’s an instinctual built-in response and ultimately does not mean much to me because of it.
What i consider attractive in a meaningful way has more to do with the quality of a person. Wicked humor and a sharp wit, deep knowledge or passion for something, etc. How someone dresses up is just set dressing, if the play sucks i’m not interested.

1 Like

Heyo, I’m the guy behind this thing. :slight_smile:

Answers to popular questions:

1. No, I can’t see out of it, I just hold it up.

2. I can’t walk in the heels, either. It took all my balance just to stand up, which is why the other photos are on the floor, ha ha.

If you wanna replicate, improve, or remix the costume, I have build instructions and the graphic files here.

It’s been funny reading responses on various social channels after I added that last photo of me, coz I’m a trans guy. A lot of the reasoning behind the “I knew it was a guy” comments is pretty dang wrong, ha ha.

9 Likes

I assumed it was a lady, but really it doesn’t bother me one way or the other. Really funny concept and execution was spot on.

How meta are we getting with this next year? Sexy Costume Costume The Action Figure?

I’ll leave it up to other people to continue being meta on this one. I plan on being a reverse mermaid this year, which might typecast me as “sexy legs costume guy”, but I’m willing to take that risk.

4 Likes

Sometimes you gotta showcase your best assets :wink: lol

4 Likes

I see you and raise you a cosplayer dressed as the building in which the cosplay convention is happening:

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/nyc/comments/74z8z7/someone_at_ny_comic_con_cosplayed_as_the_javits/

3 Likes

But were they a sexy building in which the cosplay convention was happening?

No fishnets, so no.

2 Likes

Sometimes, I have dreams where I have to go somewhere or dance in really high heels, and the whole dream is me trying to look like I’m falling over on purpose.

1 Like

Sexy buildings more usually wear fence-nets.

2 Likes

Ah I see: you are grading on sexy, whereas I am grading on meta.

2 Likes

both

4 Likes

Well… those gray tights on the cosplayer certainly package the business up right neat. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.