Share your unpopular music opinions

…if you didn’t mind the bollocks.

There has never been an all female rockband that even came close to the male ones.

…if you didn’t mind the bollocks.

4 Likes

Oh, and I think Mindy might have a big ol sigh at me about this again, but why do people like Taylor Swift? Yet another person that seems like a genuinely nice person, but… I don’t like the notes she uses.

2 Likes

Ah, you must be an Adele fan.

(I don’t think I could recognize a song by either, to be honest. Perhaps that crappy Bond theme one).

I am an old fart. The only radio I listen to now is the Beeb World Service.

I do like Taylor Swift’s IT twitter feed though.

4 Likes

Adele has an amazing voice, but I don’t have a single tune of hers. I listen when she is on, but neber want to relisten. My favorite women vocalists of the last decade or so are winehouse and sia (jebus sia has pipes)

Oh,and what’s her name from Solas. But she’s just magical.

Eta

I take that back, my friend Gina Saputo is my favorite vocalist. She is as talented as she is gracious and kind, and some day I’ll hang with her and Jeff goldblum in LA :smile:

1 Like

That’s actually a fairly popular musical opinion among Boing Boing commenters named Felton.

9 Likes

witty!

If the capacitors in your amplifier decide to explode, does the sound count as pop music?

3 Likes

Yes, and the only actual heavy metal music is played by brass bands.

3 Likes

Not so sure. Would you believe how heavy is the steel frame that holds the strings in a piano?

Also, those large church bells…

3 Likes

Good point. And church organs can have some pretty huge pipes.

3 Likes

Steel?!?
Brass or GTFO. I ain’t got no time for steel in my pianos.

3 Likes

lead brass, and wood. yeah, brombaugh pipe organs were made three miles away from where i’m sitting :smiley:

1 Like

Lead and tin, with the alloy being mainly lead these days (mainly tin in past centuries, but tin is quite expensive now), so really heavy metal.

2 Likes

Steel drums? A nice calypso?

2 Likes

Agreed. For me, that one cover is Neil Young’s “Just Like Tom Thumb’s Blues.”

The Sex Pistols were a boyband:
Formed by a controlling manager, carefully crafted image, couldn’t play their instruments.

13 Likes

Oh hey one thing I do have to thank Nirvana (or I guess more specifically Kurt Cobain) for… Putting Shonen Knife on the North American musical radar…

3 Likes

Contrary to popular opinion, Sia has had pipes for a while. She was in Zero7 back in the early 2000s, and they had some great tracks if you’re not familiar.

But really. She does not just have pipes. I think her dancers talents may be EVEN BETTER than her voice! Quite a troupe if you check out a few videos.

2 Likes

Mine is Curtis Stigers’ cover of Things Have Changed.

Oh, I am very aware of her back catalog :). Totes musician crush.

1 Like