Sheep farmer in Dublin gives himself haircut in COVID-19 lockdown the Irish way

It seems weird to me that folks are just now confronting cutting their hair. I was due for a haircut when the crackdown began, but even so, I had no choice but to shave my head within the first two weeks. And once a week since then, as a shaved ‘do grows out pretty quickly.

I had my gallbladder uninstalled on Thursday, because this seemed like a good time for surgery, and the resultant five-day delay in shaving my head is already making me feel like a goddamn hippy.

I’d actually been working up to doing it for a while anyway. The irony is that if my barber reopens, I might feel obliged to go back to haircuts for a year or so, just out of solidarity.

2 Likes

A few weeks ago the CBC had a story about a couple who shaved their eyebrows as incentive to avoid going out. The women is Syilx, I guess she counts as a distant cousin.

About the funniest thing I’ve seen in recent weeks, other than a story about a kid in the hospital for cancer who turned her bed into a corner store to “sell” candy to the nurses.

5 Likes

Lovely cut.

:musical_note: Ewe are so beautiful… to me. :musical_note:

6 Likes

So was I the only one who assumed from the title that he was going to sit down and let the sheep nibble on his hair?

2 Likes

Dublin mountains. I mean they are not very mountainy but I can see them from out my window.

https://www.farmingfornature.ie/nominees/donnie-anderson/

5 Likes

It’s shear madness!

6 Likes

Did you notice the rather large hills to the immediate south of the city, though? :wink:

1 Like

Always thought of them as Wicklow. Ye might as well say Dun Loghaire or Bray.

1 Like

Rule of thumb: it’s only a mountain if Reinhold Messner has climbed it.

3 Likes

He might not be the fastest shearer, but he certainly goes at a fair old clip.

5 Likes

Well, if goes to the barber to pay for a haircut, he feels he’s been fleeced!

6 Likes

As @robertmckenna said, the hills between the city and the Wicklows really are named ‘the Dublin Mountains’.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.