Sheep farmer in Dublin gives himself haircut in COVID-19 lockdown the Irish way

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/02/sheep-farmer-in-dublin-gives-h.html

6 Likes

Not baaaaaaad! :sheep: :laughing:

23 Likes

This reminds me of that part from the Shaun this Sheep movie in which the farmer gets amnesia and ends up parlaying his shearing skills into a career as a celebrity hairdresser.

21 Likes

Am I the only one who felt tremendous anxiety whenever he got close to the ears?

28 Likes

No, you are not.

14 Likes

that was terrifying

10 Likes

All I could think was, “How will he keep his mask on?”.

7 Likes

His own personal baa-baa shop.

16 Likes

mlp-fim-pinkie-pie-rimshot

11 Likes

This is a great idea, I want to try! …but I’ve waited too long, sheep shears are out of stock on Amazon.

4 Likes

Oh… waxing (epilation) is pretty heavy duty… at least being on the receiving end of a wax is no picnic.

Probably NSFW:

Not that I have ever undergone a brazilian wax myself. Noooooooo thanks.

2 Likes

I’ve seen worse. I’m looking a lot like the ‘before’ at present.

Donie Anderson is moderately well-known for his traditional approach to farming (he has a horse-drawn plough), so I’m sure he knows his way around shears.

4 Likes

Haircuts became medically impractical for me about five years ago (1); I haven’t had a trim since then. These days my hair is about halfway down my back.

It was a nuisance at first, but now I quite appreciate it. I tie it back when necessary, but otherwise don’t worry about it.

In hindsight, I wish I’d grown it out years ago. Not everyone gets to keep their hair; enjoy it while you’ve got it.

(1) Neurological movement disorder, can’t keep still enough for it to be safe to have someone waving sharp and pointy things around my head.

9 Likes

Click go the shears boys, click, click, click

6 Likes

I’ll bet that’s how he always does it, covid or no covid.

10 Likes

I’m about ready to do the same. Just trying to get the courage to do it. Haven’t had a shaved head since bootcamp.

3 Likes

Sure haven’t I done the same myself, manys the time? Not with big shears like thon, but.
I never noticed a lot of sheep in Dublin any time I was there. Maybe they kept them underground. Ach sure there’s only one city in Ireland. Cork and Belfast are just aberrations. And every American comes from Texas…

1 Like

Well at least he didn’t do this.

5 Likes

Q: What’s the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut?

A: About two weeks.

4 Likes

Due to the onset of male pattern baldness, I’ve been getting my hair cut shorter in recent years, the last time was just before The Great Lockdown, so it’s now starting to look messy.
Standing in front of the bathroom mirror, with my beard clippers in my hand, I though, shall I?
What the hell, was my second thought.
About fifteen minutes later it’s all gone, apart from a 5mm stubble, and I’m pretty pleased with the result! First time in my life, and I’m 65. I won’t be getting the bloke down the road to cut it for me any more, that’s for sure.

5 Likes