Man struggles with barber over head waxing

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/16/man-struggles-with-barber-over.html

4 Likes

raw

11 Likes

Clean though… man that guy’s clean.

8 Likes

He’s pretty much Mister Clean!

9 Likes

Well, yeah, it did look a bit like Spock’s wig from a distance (if you squinted).

2 Likes

Nostril hair rip, on STEROIDS!

7 Likes

That was thoroughly enjoyable. Thanks.

4 Likes

And here I’ve been shaving my head like some dumb sucker.

10 Likes

The brilliant asshole tyrannical advertising algorithms that run the world decided it would be appropriate to show an ad for a children’s cancer hospital below this post. Sure, that’s a reasonable comparison of ways to lose your hair.

4 Likes

Did someone lose a bet?

7 Likes

RIGHT? although, i really enjoy the shaving process (it lets me catch up on my podcasts, haha), i’m curious how long this would actually last. if he can feel stubble the next day, then it wouldn’t be worth it to me since that’s my result when shaving with my old-fashioned safety razor.

1 Like

I would expect his head would stay smooth a while, much like a Brazilian wax – so… 3 to 6 weeks according to a quick check-in with Google.

But that’s just guessing on my part. I don’t know if head hair grows faster than leg/pubic hair and that’s not something I’m willing to Google at work.

I wish there was more to the start of the video so I could see how long his hair was before the wax was added.

4 Likes

Also, the hair will grow in with a fine tip, rather than the chopped off one that happens when you shave. So it’s not so stubbly atr first.

5 Likes

That looks more painful than chemical depilation.

1 Like

koolkeith-9949

7 Likes

wow, 3-6 weeks? that makes it much more interesting to me. hmm…

3 Likes

Again, I’m just guessing. That prompted me to hit the Google once more, and I ran across this: https://hair.lovetoknow.com/mens-hair-styles/waxing-bald-head

2 Likes

hmm, yeah - that all sounds totally right to me. i think i’ll stick with shaving. (but now i’m looking at high gloss finishing solutions, hmmmm)

2 Likes

So. Interesting to see how painful this was for him. And yet it seems I hear so many men say how they want a lady to wax her areas.

Not so god damn easy of an ask is it fellas?!?

6 Likes

Just curious - where was this?