Sheriff Clarke didn't like plane passenger, had him harassed, then taunted him on Facebook

I remember that rant. IIRC only one or maybe two of those things were actually legit, and the rest were just jingoistic trinkets.

4 Likes

If he wasn’t the sheriff, there’s no way he’d survive leaving the Milwaukee airport. :smile_cat::cheese:

3 Likes

As long as older conservative white men approve of course…

2 Likes

Found it!

Click through for the full rant, its excellent!

32 Likes

If you even know the name of a sheriff that wasn’t on on your last local ticket, he’s probably a renowned dick… If a mid-20’s guy can recognize a sheriff on an airplane, out of uniform, in another part of the country, he’s pretty much guaranteed to be an absolute garbage human being.

19 Likes

In order for that to have occurred, Mr. Clarke would have to have been given Mr. Black’s personal information. Is it legal for Mr. Clarke, who’s role at the time was “generic passenger”, to be given such information?

7 Likes
18 Likes

If they made him FBI head they’d lose the advantage; you’d hear them coming a mile off with their 37 pieces of flair.

7 Likes

It sounds like the FB harassment didn’t start until after Clarke filed his complaint, so at that point he’d have Clarke’s name, address, and all of his other personal info.

2 Likes

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke

Douchebag of the Year Awarded for life.

3 Likes

I think I’ve read the Milwaukee courts are packed with Republicans, so good luck with that lawsuit.

4 Likes

Dear Internet, please build a website where you design flair and pin it on Sheriff Clarke. Thanks in advance.

Possible title: “Pin The Flair On The Jackass!”

21 Likes

Maybe it’s his flair and he’s required to have 15 pieces of it.

6 Likes

It’s amazing how the victims of abuse/violence are the ones getting called “snowflakes” (I’m also thinking of the attacked Guardian reporter, etc) despite the fact that the ones attacking/abusing them were so insecure, so frightened of someone asking them a simple question that this was their response. The projection on the part of the right is amazing. Seeing the number of Trumpists attacking the victims and talking about reporters as terrorists who deserve more than just being hit, it’s been occurring to me that even if Trump himself isn’t a fascist (arguable), Trumpism absolutely is fascism.

Absolutely.

His department is chock full of horrific scandals. There was a deputy under his command who ran a stop sign, crashed into a car and caused the driver of that car to break her neck in four places. The deputy then conspired with other deputies to frame her for drunk driving and pin the accident on her. Even after it became clear that he had lied (someone thankfully took her blood which revealed no drugs or alcohol), they still tried to extort the cost of the police car from her. No one suffered any punishment for the crime. (Though the deputy later got suspended because it turned out he’d been handing off all his paperwork to his girlfriend to falsify.)

He claims these are pins that people give him. But none are official honors of any sort, and I’m not sure why he thinks “I have to wear these - people gave them to me!” is a good argument for making them part of his dress uniform. (And who knows if his sad story is even true.)

Trumpism is characterized by staggering amounts of projection.

25 Likes

WaPo has a pin-by-pin analysis: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/05/26/heres-what-the-pins-that-sheriff-clarke-wears-actually-mean/?utm_term=.ef3759aa597b

9 Likes

Respect My Authoritah!

8 Likes

Im trying to imagine in what scenario a citizen would knowingly get in a sheriffs face and try to intimidate him. If that did happen, im pretty sure that guy would have gone straight to jail. Sheriff lies. Sad.

6 Likes

Was it this one?

This was referenced in the Washington Post article that @oldsma posted.

11 Likes

Scroll up.

9 Likes

I shudder to think about all the real military and civilian medals that our shiny-metal-loving Banana Republican El Presidente will award himself before he leaves or is driven out of office.

6 Likes