Sheriffs are hunting a tiger on the loose in Tennessee

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/10/sheriffs-are-hunting-a-tiger-o.html

“So far, the origin of the tiger is unclear”

1 Like

The sheriff seems a bit catty, tbh.

5 Likes

8 Likes

2020, the year of “why not?”

“So far, the origin of the tiger is unclear,” reports Tennessee TV news station WJHL.

Translation: it didn’t escape from a zoo, so it’s another moronic arsehole who thinks it’s cool to keep a wild predator as a pet.

23 Likes

(Here’s where I sourced that pic from, no idea where he got it from.)

4 Likes

Got’em!

10 Likes

That’s Ming, well-known to New Yorkers.

9 Likes

(Thank you, that photo’s been been driving me nuts. Such a crazy image.)

3 Likes

In addition, Yates had taken roommates, who were unaware at first of the animals in the home

How? That’s a fully grown tiger and alligator that we are talking about here. In a New York apartment.

12 Likes

I think you’ve stumbled on the next hit sitcom from CBS.

16 Likes

The phrase “at first” has to do a lot of heavy lifting there.

14 Likes

Disney did a movie about this in the early 60s.

2 Likes

Let’s see, the tiger wears sunglasses and a coat, while the alligator only talks from behind closed doors with a falsetto voice… catchy 80’s theme music, guest starring Bob Saget as the concerned neighbor…

Yep! It checks out!

9 Likes

2020 is really having to stretch to find new way to get worse. And it is only mid-September. :persevere:

6 Likes

Sounds like the Orange Blunder better get moving on that pardon for Joe Exotic before somebody gets hurt.

1 Like

He’s a man of a different stripe, for sure.

4 Likes

I hope by “hunting” they mean capture live and send to something like Tiger Creek. But I won’t hold my breath.

4 Likes

Meanwhile in Germany…

https://thelocal.de/20200907/crocodile-search-continues-to-captivate-central-germany

(Edit: it won’t onebox, sorry…)

5 Likes

Yes, if there’s anything valuable Americans ought to take away from Tiger King it’s “the big-cat industry is horrifically under-regulated and any jackass with a couple grand and a poor sense of judgement can easily obtain one of these dangerous animals.”

7 Likes

Like every cat owner?

2 Likes