She's wearing tunics now

I’m spelling B’s right now!

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

14 Likes

I’m giving some local bees a break from their pollen collection.
Same diff. :wink:

8 Likes
5 Likes

I’m sure she did, since both straitjacket and straightjacket are accepted as such by dictionaries.

9 Likes

I knew there was a straitforward explanation.

12 Likes

Certainly anyone forced into such a garment is in dire straits.

“strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto correct spelling”
– Matthew 7:14 (KJVmodified)

Ironically, many consider the role of dictionaries is to act as gatekeepers. :man_shrugging:
I must adjust my thinking strait away.

4 Likes

I thought “correct” spelling and grammar were about class distinction. But maybe that’s the same thing.

5 Likes

I think it’s more about the horrible mess that is English spelling. That said, people will judge others as educated or not based on written communication, so I try to conform.

This is drifting way off topic, so I’ve said the last I’m going to here.

9 Likes

Maybe okay if we continue typing after donning tunics?

12 Likes

[dons tunic]

My, this is comfortable and practical. Maybe I’ll

[gives tunic back to wife]

10 Likes

After a rally, I met an ally in an alley.
He had a cough, though.

14 Likes

Screw it, I’m going ghoti-ing!

13 Likes

I thought someone would throw out that one, and you came through. That’s enough, though. If I read any more posts like the one I just read in this thread, it will lead me to heed the (tough but fair) mods, get the lead out and throw a red flag, as we have been led to believe is appropriate.

If anyone cares to weigh in with more of their strait/straight hate, the way out is over there.

9 Likes

as you wish the princess bride GIF

10 Likes

ISWYDT …I think

(Thanks for righting lead and led write. :wink:)

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.