Shirtless "hot Lincoln" statue from 1939 inspires jokes and fanfic

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/21/shirtless-hot-lincoln-stat.html

7 Likes

BOOTH: “Sic Semper Ty—

LINCOLN: [Turns slowly to face Booth with his dreamboat eyes and gently wafting hair]

BOOTH: [Utterly smitten] “Uh, wrong balcony. Sorry to bother you.” [Backs off slowly, unable to look away]

27 Likes

I thought it was Bowie.

8 Likes

Slashfic material:

11 Likes
13 Likes

I’d make a Lincoln Logs joke, but that would be grabbing for the low-hanging fruit.

29 Likes

For those on the East coast, there is a replica(?) in the lobby of the D.C. Archives (1300 Naylor Court NW), the significance of which I never knew until today.

3 Likes

It makes me think of Queer as a Five-Dollar Bill by Lee Wind that I just listened to courtesy of my local public library. It talks about Abe’s possible romantic relationship with Joshua Speed and how a high school student discovers and blogs about it, much to his small town’s chagrin (and bigotry.)

5 Likes

Ooh! Let me guess … did he crash his Hot Bod Lincoln?

I’ll show myself out.

18 Likes

Aw, yeah baby…

4 Likes

Yayy, public libraries! :blush:

5 Likes

The about page for that James Lee Hansen says he was born in 1925, so would’ve been only 14 when this statue was sculpted

1 Like

Meh. Seems kinda stiff.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Gaaaaah. Too late! Was the cry,

Well, this comes to mind:

14 Likes

With all the fuss about statues in recent years, it’s surprising this did not come to prominence sooner.

A potential for synergy with that post from the other day.

1 Like

Electric Six is the best. Love that band :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Love the SoCal Deco vibe. He needs to be holding a surfboard instead of a book though.

3 Likes