Shooter kills 3 children at Christian elementary school in Nashville [Update: 7 dead]

I mean, I know we all know this, and we don’t know what the shooter was dealing with, but, no, clearly gender affirming care prevents suicide, including this incident that may be suicide by cop. Mental Health Outcomes in Transgender and Nonbinary Youths Receiving Gender-Affirming Care

ETA: does it occur to her that telling people that meds were the problem may stop people from taking their meds, and that may itself get people killed? Are there any grown-ups that can tell her?

4 Likes

I’m sorry. Changing it now.

8 Likes
16 Likes

I know the article’s author and most people here will agree with me on this but Republicans have always been ready to “regulate” trans people and had greatly increased their efforts well before this.

It’s important to emphasize that even if the shooter had been a cisgender male, or even if the shooting hadn’t occurred, Republicans would still be attacking trans people. They’re merely taking this incident as cover for what they already planned.

25 Likes

See my comment above about the Reichstag fire and the Enabling Act that gave Hitler the power he needed to be dictator. (Edit: it was in one of the other threads)

They may have just got their excuse to start forcing people into conversion therapy camps, or worse.

This situation started off horrifying like all mass shootings, and has only become worse as time passes.

23 Likes

It definitely serving as red, raw meat right now. And they are using the “Defend Equality” graphics and other trans resistance memes as evidence of a “violent movement”, even though it’s no different than the Gadsden flag, Come and Take It flag, “We don’t dial 911”, or other 101 macho images/memes out there.

13 Likes

30 Likes

Mad Tommy Wiseau GIF by The Room

14 Likes

In a few months we will have the ability to house some folks, whenever this does get going. I cannot take an organizing role, but I can certainly supple some resources. Anybody seeking such can PM me.

15 Likes

If it’s reasonable to have conversion therapy for trans people because of this shooting, it’s far MORE reasonable to have conversion therapy for racists, based on numerous race-based mass shootings, right?

I understand this is probably unintentional, but your statement equates being trans with being racist. There are several issues with this and it seems a bit insulting. Being trans is not a belief. It cannot be unlearned or educated away. Conversion therapy is torture. Antiracism education is just education.

20 Likes

What Are You Talking About Harrison Ford GIF by Star Wars

Seth Meyers Idk GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

12 Likes

Also they’ll bring up “this is a mental health crisis, not a gun crisis”. Despite this, they’ll religiously oppose any expansion of healthcare or funding of community clinics, because lower taxes for rich people is always more important than healthcare for non rich people.

14 Likes

FTFY.

20 Likes

In this case they’ll insist that the solution calls for forced conversion therapy.

12 Likes

Make them invisible or dead. I suspect either one would make them happy. Well, until they pick which minority to target next. There will always be a threat outside the “acceptable way of being” to keep their followers angry and afraid. We have seen this before. Never again.

18 Likes

Yes, thank you @jyoti for bringing that to my attention.

5 Likes

In this case, they’re using this to justify their version of Kristallnacht. Anything to enable them to just classify anyone as “unfit” or “mentally defective” (which both terms were regularly used in Nazi Germany with its own eugenics laws as many other nations have before them such as the US) so they can just declassify us as non-human and thus get the legal basis to murder and enslave.

13 Likes

Conversion therapy is never reasonable, all it does is cause mental illness.

I survived the TERFy secular version in my teens, but I nearly jumped in front of a train because of the gaslighting, them getting me to doubt everything about myself. I still have problems from it.

Don’t try suggesting to me it could work for other groups, even as a joke.

27 Likes

They already have their term, anyone unfit in their eyes is “woke”.

1 Like