Shooter kills 3 children at Christian elementary school in Nashville [Update: 7 dead]

Originally published at: Shooter kills 3 children at Christian elementary school in Nashville [Update: 7 dead, female shooter] | Boing Boing

7 Likes

The important thing to remember here is that insecure American men with action-hero fantasies will still be able to amass collections of firearms free of government interference. So totally worth it! /s

To them, and any other ammosexuals here, the regular reminder that we’ve heard and de-bunked your fallacious arguments already.

32 Likes

After MOST school mass shootings, heartless fundamentalists will say “This happened because God isn’t ALLOWED in classrooms anymore!”. Well, how then did THIS happen?

43 Likes

Interesting development that the shooter has been identified as a 28 year old local woman with no known ties to the school.

The shooter who killed six at a Nashville private school on Monday morning was a 28-year-old woman, according to police. Authorities previously said she appeared to be a teenager.

“3 students & 3 adult staff members from Covenant School were fatally shot by the active shooter, who has now been identified as a 28-year-old Nashville woman,” police said in a tweet.

In a news conference earlier, a spokesperson for the police department had said the deceased shooter appeared to be a teenager.

The woman has still not been identified by name. Police have not shared a possible motive for the shooting or identified a connection between the woman and the school.

12 Likes

Obligatory.

32 Likes

Yet again:

35 Likes

He only allowed the sinner kids to be killed /s

Seriously, they’ll do some sort of mental gymnastics to twist it to fit the narrative.
It makes sad and bilious.

17 Likes

The suspect was carrying two “assault-type” rifles and at least one pistol which has been recovered at the scene.

5 Likes

The solutions are pouring in.

22 Likes

(not directed at you @tcg550 )

How many armed cops were there at Uvalde you dumb asshole?

40 Likes

Yes, let’s do that. How about resurrecting the assault gun ban, a billion dollars allocated for buy back programs, background checks for all gun sales, and gun owner insurance requirements? That would be a good start

ETA: we could do this without impacting US aid to Ukraine

34 Likes

Re: Empty G’s bullshit…

1. We are sending relatively little cash to Ukraine; the supplies and equipment we are sending has already been bought and paid for, and is generally outdated. The new stuff we are sending is essentially being battle-tested for us under real-world condidtions, & provides invaluable data for the arms manufacturers.

2. Public schools [in Texas, at least] are already taking measures to make schools more secure.
    More goons with guns aren’t the answer, but your harlotry for the NRA is noted.

This was a private school, though. Didn’t know you were so eager to impose tyrannical regulations upon businesses that would make their costs skyrocket
Think of the profits lost, & quit spewing like a Godless Commie!

20 Likes

What a…

19 Likes

It’s the guns.

23 Likes

Holy_Fucking_Shit

Welp, the only comment I could make on that spewage would probably get me banned.
Except, guns don’t shoot themselves.
So, yes, blame guns.

12 Likes

what the fuuuuuu…?

sam brown wtf GIF

i never thought i could hate a person more. empy gee is in a whole different category of hate.
we do not need this asshattery.
sweet baby buddha, help me!

23 Likes
18 Likes

Seems like some signs were missed and there might have been a small window of opportunity to prevent this.

12 Likes

@Carla_Sinclair can the headline please be changed to not mis-gender the shooter? From what I’ve heard, the shooter had recently said they were a trans man.

trans man, not transman.

I only bring it up because the one word version is TER language, used to deny peoples gender identity.

11 Likes