Shopper prefers to push and hit employees instead of wearing a mask

Originally published at: Shopper prefers to push and hit employees instead of wearing a mask | Boing Boing

6 Likes

please stop the bus, so we can throw them off.

13 Likes

A match made in hell:

13 Likes

It did not help that the heroic employee was playing dick-nose, but just tell the guy to make himself at home, waste as much time as he likes shopping but that no cashier will check his basket out or let him pay.

(Or slug him in self-defence once he got physical. But we keep being told that’s not the way to go.)

ETA closer viewing suggests the employee’s mask may have been properly deployed before the maskless fuckwit started pushing him around, so I guess he gets a pass.

6 Likes

I think that pointing and laughing might work better than physical resistance.

10 Likes

I can completely believe this moron thought the endgame would be “eventually they’ll accept my white man power and let me collect and pay for the item I really need”.

11 Likes

Would it really kill Walmart’s bottom line to hire an actual security guard at each location to deal with this crap?

6 Likes

Although many places have security guards, they are more like secuity theater because they have no real authority to do anything besides intimidate. That said, the female guards we have had at the library have been very effective at getting people to behave, moreso than the menfolk, who seem to treat it more as a dominance display.

11 Likes

The problem with that being that he’s very likely to do it (and be a plague spreader in the process, which is what they’re trying to avoid in the first place) - I mean, he didn’t believe they’d enforce the mask mandate even when they’re standing there telling him they will.

Though that does indicate the mask wasn’t properly fitting (and therefore not terribly useful) to begin with. But that’s a common problem created by ignorance rather than malice…

Well, I imagine it’s worked all his life up until this point, so why not?

6 Likes

Yeah… The high road and all that.

But I really think if more of these morons got the “find out” part of the “fuck around” they would do it less.

The thing is, letting bullies get away with it only emboldens them.

10 Likes

I guarantee this man has never worked at a Walmart or similar job. Otherwise he would not make that person’s job shitty today for no reason, and put them in a position of walking a line between battery and enforcing company policies he has no control over to prevent losing said job.

10 Likes

My favorite have been some of the non-security women we have. I was chatting with one on the main floor and in her absolute best “polite, but do not question my authority” tone she scolded a patron by name about not wearing his mask properly and harped on how he knew better than that, especially as this was the second time she’d had to speak to him (leaving open the implication of not wanting her to have to do it a third time.) He immediately complied with an apology, where I’ve seen the same patron at least grumble when security has spoken with him about other issues.

It was a thing of beauty!

9 Likes

Aw, looks like the post was deleted. I wanted to see another Karen Karen’ing…

2 Likes

Nah. Even if he DID work some shitty job like that in the past, he’d justify past trauma, and then say something about “if I had to suffer, you should too.”

Maybe throw something in with some survivorship bias/ boot straps/ kids today are rude.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.