Sick of cold lube from a tube? Consider a hot lube autodispenser!

Whaaaaat? Polyurethane is the only condom material that is non-porous, so you can use water, silicone, or even oil-based lubes with it. Either the Pulse people formulated a lube which is specifically antagonistic to polyurethane, or (IMO more likely) those condoms are not popular enough for them to bother with comprehensive testing.

Funny also that they - like the FDA - omit any mention of anal use, considering that that is a very common application for lubricants.

No mention though of whether or not it is sterile, or conducts electricity…

4 Likes

Surprisingly, perhaps, quite a few people like cold lube. I have read more discussions online about freezing lube than heating it. Some people put it in ice cube trays.

4 Likes

Puts a whole new spin on breaking the ice at parties.

7 Likes
Device Description: The Pulse H2Oh! is a personal lubricant intended for over- the-counter sale. It is sold, and used, not sterile. The lubricant is colorless to slightly yellow and unfragranced.
Since it is not sterile, I assume that the heating process could serve as a nice incubator...
8 Likes

It could, although commercially available water-based lubes usually include a mild bacteriostatic agent as a preservative, otherwise the lube would get fouled after it had been opened for a while. A lube which is bacteriostatic inhibits the growth of more bacteria, but is not guaranteed to have been sterilized of all existing ambient bacteria. This is one way that lubes offered for sexual play differ from surgical lubes. For catheterization or urethral sounds cleanliness is crucial so I would use sterile. They are often sold in tiny foil packs which could easily be put in hot water to reach a desired temperature.

4 Likes

Damnit came expecting a @beschizza post…

9 Likes

This is all fun and games until my cat discovers what swiping a paw in that space does…

16 Likes

Yes, clearly in need of a Maker hack to make this a drum-fed machine. Probably need to upgrade the heater and pump, though. I bet they have a very limited duty cycle. Or maybe just convert a pressure washer to an drum-fed personal lube gun, industrial rain overalls and slicker not included…

4 Likes

Wait, what? Conducts electricity?? What exactly are you up to??? :worried:

Non-conductivity reminds me of how a scene for Videodrome was planned (but subsequently deleted) to depict a working CRT tv (hi voltage and all) and an actor in a bath tub. They considered a non-conductive fluid, but it cost more than they wanted to pay, so they just waterproofed the TV - good enough.

So, I guess could be some uses for non-conductive lube…

2 Likes

Am I weird for not having or needing lube? We’re 45 and front door only people. Perhaps its an age thing and is right around the corner. I feel left out.

3 Likes

Something something Late-stage Capitalism.
(does Lube really need the Keurig/Printer ink business model applied to it?)

2 Likes

And it would double as a cautionary reminder.

Truly we live in an age of wonder…ing what the frak is wrong with people.

16 Likes

Ew, it’s used lube?! Of course it’s not sterile then!

7 Likes

“I wonder if Vivaldi ever imagined his work would some day accompany an ad for dessicated horndogs?”

It’s not Vivaldi. It’s Mozart, Eine kleine Nachtmusik, and he would have loved it.

5 Likes

There’s no need to feel left out. If you and your partner have no desire to mix things up, that’s fine. But there are a myriad of experiences you could be having, and information about them is as close as your nearest sex-positive shop. Go to Babeland or someplace like that if you’re feeling adventurous.

4 Likes

I see what he did there. Poor man’s opera?

2 Likes

I can’t speak to how boy/girl sex works, but I am guessing it makes a difference whether you belong to a culture that routinely practices circumcision / cuts parts of boys’ dicks off [delete to taste]. I know the idea of using lotion for masturbation is much more of a thing in the US.

This device is humorous to me, and room-temperature lube is not high on my list of problems, but I do like the hands-free aspect, because normal lube containers inevitably end up covered in a schmear that makes them comically difficult to hold and/or open.

5 Likes

oops, my lube dispenser hit prime temps just as I was about to proofread…

2 Likes

I’m surprised more lubes don’t come in pump bottles rather than little squirt dealies.

7 Likes

4 Likes