Skateboarder Leticia Bufoni grinds a rail 9000 ft in the air

Sigourney Weaver Movie GIF

7 Likes

Perhaps. My choice would have been to tether it to the inside of the plane, on a line long enough to do her stunt and not be in the way. Then the crew could pull the board back in before closing the door.

Maybe there’s some technical reason they couldn’t do this (I’m not a skateboarder or cargo plane crew member) but there had to have been better options than what they did.

That would be really dangerous on landing. You’d break an ankle for sure. Landing a skydive is pretty tricky. It’s easy to sprain or twist something even in ideal conditions. There’s a lot of weird forces on you right at that touch down moment.

3 Likes

Roger that! I’m none of those things, so of course I’m an expert in all of them! :crazy_face:

7 Likes

I can imagine concerns about the possibility that she’d get snagged by it on the way down.

4 Likes

Just thinking about all the shit that can go wrong makes this even more amazeballs…

2 Likes

They should have done it at a high enough altitude so that the skateboard burned up on re-entry.

1 Like

What the hell? This was sponsored by the wrong Vin Diesel movie!

2 Likes

I realize that the most stupid stunts are ones that are the most likely to kill the performer(s) and/or anyone in close enough proximity, but – notwithstanding the risk to the aircraft (as you pointed out) and people on the ground – the stunt is just plain stupid. Adding 2 seconds of skateboarding to a skydive falls into the WGAF category.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.