Skateboarding in an abandoned nuclear missile silo

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/21/skateboarding-in-an-abandoned.html

1 Like

Oh man, just think of all the doom laser a budding super villain could build into that silo!

3 Likes

Considering it was the housing for an ACTUAL doomsday weapon…

7 Likes

Looks like most of the trailer footage is from an abandoned power plant. (Including when they are talking about missile silos.) Some of the underground stuff looks like old Titan silos though. I’m assuming it’s just the way the trailer was cut.

10 Likes

So, I can’t tell if they’re misleading the public or baiting pedants like me. Probably a bit of both.

Most of the footage shows a cooling tower for a power plant (maybe nuclear, maybe not), sometimes under a voiceover about a Titan III launch site (an actual nuclear missile silo). Both are badass, so why conflate them and confuse people?

13 Likes

Jinx, you owe me a coke.

3 Likes

Fellow baited pedant, reporting in.

8 Likes

Radical (electrons)!

[quote=“7lions, post:5, topic:87924”]So, I can’t tell if they’re misleading the public[/quote]Well, it’s a skateboarding movie, so of course they are.

8 Likes

I can’t view it in Mexico. A trailer?

Ya know, from the whole “free-range” trespassing, get-what-you-can standpoint, that’s just wrong.

Typical Vice dabbers can’t tell the diff between a silo and a cooling tower!

Back in my day, we smoked bowls, and maintained a culturally acceptable level of specificity!

8 Likes

Seems to only be available in the US… Tried and failed with UK, Netherlands, Sweden. You’re not really missing much, if that’s consolation.

2 Likes

Poor Mr Lowry

7 Likes

Here you go…

1 Like

I’d probably prefer the spilled beverage, but thank you for the gesture. :slight_smile:

Radiks smart wheels might help in those environments.

1 Like

From what I heard about the first US toorcamp, the abandoned titan missile silo is a far less awesome experience than what we’re seeing here.

That’s a cooling tower, not a silo. It’s part of a nuclear power plant, not anything related to missiles or bombs.

1 Like

Jinks, you owe @7Lions and I a coke.

1 Like

All of the cooling tower stuff was shot at Satsop, near Olympia WA, a nuclear facility that was never completed and never started. I spent a couple of days working there (film/art installation) and it is a very cool place. The acoustics are amazing. It’s for rent, and hardly abandoned. I believe they shot part of a recent Transformers movie there

2 Likes