Skittles in camouflaged packets

Originally published at: Skittles in camouflaged packets | Boing Boing

1 Like

cool! more plastic on the ground!

6 Likes

I don’t really like skittles, but that is clever marketing.

4 Likes

I have a camo swiss-army knife.

I don’t take it camping, because if I drop it I may never find it.

8 Likes

The goal is to make more money for the shareholders of a plastic packaging company at the expense of human survival on the planet, by creating a stupid gimmick that somehow, supposedly “alternative” free-thinking “happy mutants” will blindly advertise for free even tho they live in a country where people are freezing to death right now because of climate change and far right capitalism

Fixed, plz edit ur original post

1 Like

Fixed, plz edit ur original post

Am I understanding correctly, that eco-conscious consumers will suddenly abandon their purchasing habits and be lured into the demise of the human race via a plastic packaging gimmick?

Personally, I found it to be a creative concept. I would take the colored, hard-boiled eggs and try to place them in locations that mirrored the coloration. Given Skittle’s traditional packaging is a bright-red, this seems to be a useful means for them to be relevant during the holiday. I don’t suspect someone shopping the candy aisle to throw up their hands because they couldn’t find camo-Skittles and suddenly become eco-friendly and rail against far right capitalism.

I mean, the things you listed are bad. But I personally feel trepidation that this messaging is dipping a toe into conservative-style fear-mongering. Maybe that serves a purpose… maybe pandering to fear-driven headlines could get those on the far-right to start listening? Not sure how many peruse this forum.

4 Likes

In other news, squirrel diabetes cases are skyrocketing.

9 Likes

Back in my day, we hid our grass in a bag of Skittles, not the other way round!

13 Likes

Tactical Skittles!

8 Likes

Bummed about the extra plastic, but mildly curious to see the “lawn mowing unfound skittle packets” videos come mid-April.
:rainbow:“Mow the Rainbow.”:rainbow:

11 Likes

Furthermore skittles aren’t even an egg

3 Likes

I’m not saying that some of these look like little bags of cocaine, but I’m not not saying it.

7 Likes

I was trying to avoid seeing condom wrappers, but I’ll join you in a vow of silence.

3 Likes

Chaos

7 Likes

Does the camo on the package indicate the flavor of the Skittles?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.