Smashmouth achieves 'Puppet Show and Spinal Tap' levels

Originally published at: Smashmouth achieves 'Puppet Show and Spinal Tap' levels | Boing Boing

1 Like

This headline is insulting to Spinal Tap.

28 Likes

Assholes.

“…they subjected us to years of that god-awful, obnoxious earworm otherwise known as “All Star.” Now, they’re helping spread coronavirus.”

11 Likes

Woodstock + bro-rock = this sh*tshow being no shock

6 Likes

is that, uh… living the dream?

2 Likes

Why can’t we be friends was a cover. Just… Pedantic… but it matters to me. I think War was a more interesting band really.

8 Likes

So is I’m A Believer.

8 Likes

So is Can’t Get Enough Of You Baby.

7 Likes

Bethel is such a trashy trashpile venue. Not only did it have nothing whatsoever to do with Woodstock beyond hosting the one concert, the current ownership has turned it into something designed for wine busses, bachelorette parties and reunion tour kickoffs for middling middle-age rock bands where everyone is waiting to hear the one song they actually know.

2 Likes

This would be my favorite version. Terry Hall’s band The Colourfield.

4 Likes

Wow. They’re a really popular cover band!

3 Likes

You just reminded me of “All Kinds of Everything”; a lovely version, though the reproduction on this video is fairly terrible.

2 Likes

Yeah, this prose was written by a sommelier:

3 Likes

This is your brain on drugs in your old age…

1 Like

Yet another type of achievement.

1 Like

Kind of funny that nearly every one of their supposed notable songs are sub-standard covers of other artists, but I guess that’s neither here nor there.

Especially super spreader events!

3 Likes

They were still booing him when we came on stage.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.