Smoke some shoes? The DEA's list of slang terms for cannabis

My high school friend used to carry his weed inside the case for his tape of TMBG’s Flood.

“Hey man, you wanna listen to your Flood tape?”

6 Likes

I would be terrified to be offered a strain named “Horror Queso”.

4 Likes

The names are one thing that just really gets me after moving to a legal state, everytime I’m in a dispensary I’m sure I make faces at the really dumb names and the XTRME labels. Seriously names like Headband O.G., White Ghani, and Snoop Master Kush sound like a bad cartoon that’s a parody of hiphop, but for children.

3 Likes

Narnia Dave sounds a lot more friendly.

Or, you know, for very stoned people, I guess. Every time I see the real names, I think, “How do they come up with…? Oh, right, it’s the users.”

9 Likes

Oh hey: my wardrobe is bigger on the inside then the outside and rather than a British person calling themselves a doctor, is inhabited by a snowy landscape and a guy named “Dave”. That’s a sign of some prime grade kush shoe.

6 Likes

It reminds me of when the CIA began importing crack to fund their black ops program in the 80’s. I knew something was up from from day-one. Back in those days I was kinda immersed in the drug world, and freaking Dan Rather knew about crack before I did. I remember the “distributors/dealers” - shaggy beards, smelly worn out clothes, and perfect nails…

Long story short. Sessions is rabid about drugs - Brace yourself.

5 Likes

The eagle has landed.

Oh man, that’s so efficient for foot fetishists who also smoke weed…
“Smokin’ some shoes” becomes a triple entendre!

1 Like

“Shoes” is probably from a misinterpretation of, “baby needs new shoes”.

Squanch yes!

And I wouldn’t be surprised if some false positives are just in-house pranks.
Inventing drug slang sounds like fun.
I want to play too…

• trying - hanging out for a smoke
  • documenting - sticking multiple cigarette papers together
  • building - an extra large joint
  • jam - cannabis resin
  • draft - a loosely rolled joint
3 Likes

How did they miss Angel Dust (marijuana dipped in PCP)? I guess no one does that anymore, not that I can blame them. Nothing good ever happened to anyone while smoking Angel Dust.
_Don’t argue with me you whippersnappers or I’ll dump your Tea…

1 Like

Linneus would relax in the evening with brassica diaboli.

Maybe.

1 Like

Every single one of those would make a great band name.

1 Like

I smoke the yarndi.
Safe.

Come and listen to a story 'bout a man named Jed
Poor mountaineer barely kept his family fed
Then one day he was shooting for some food,
And up through the ground come a bubbling crude
(Oil that is, black gold, Texas tea)

Wait a minute! Just what was Jed Clampett shooting in the woods?

1 Like

What? No Mighty Mezz? Named for jazz player Mezz Mezzrow, who apparently didn’t mind…

The compiler of this lazy dickshunary clearly just read some club menus & took “(hydroponic)” to be part of the name…
1 Like

I’m smurfing right now.

3 Likes

I dunno… looks like ICE is at least a close contender.

His autobio is in the stack of unread books that I’ll read sometime, when I have some time…