SNL parodies Trump NFT line

Oh you and your broad brush, painting all over everything again!

/s

7 Likes

After which they apparently went down in value.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90825656/trumps-nft-collection-losing-value-opensea

4 Likes

An NFT losing value? That’s unpossible!

7 Likes

I suppose as a money laundering/pay-off scheme, the resale value doesn’t matter. (I had read something immediately after they sold, that claimed at least some had shot up in value, to ten times the original price - don’t know if that’s remotely true, but it made me wonder if there was a second round of money laundering/pay-offs, or just a couple of confused speculators, who then lost their shirts.) I expect they’ll continue to lose value rapidly at this point, with people unable to get rid of them, even.

3 Likes

If it’s on the blockchain, someone should be up to forensic fun characterizing where all that money came from.

2 Likes

Nope.

7 Likes

Finding out where the money went might be pretty tricky - the Trump NFT company is a nest of anonymous-owner Delaware shell companies that share addresses with other companies. It’s impossible to know who actually owns it.

3 Likes

Not impossible, just very difficult. They’re called ‘forensic accountants’, and they drill down through the layers of financial records to get to the real answers.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.