Trump reels in MAGA suckers yet again with digital "trading cards"

Originally published at: Trump reels in MAGA suckers with digital "trading cards"

2 Likes

NFTs must be officially over if even the grifter-in-chief isn’t interested in incorporating them into this latest vehicle for fleecing the rubes.

8 Likes

Really delayed reboing, no?

https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/trump-just-made-his-major-announcement-and-it-really-is-unbelievable/

1 Like

https://nitter.net/ChrisO_wiki/status/1734636836746625119

This is basically the MAGA equivalent of saints’ relics.

6 Likes

I was going to ask, “Why not make actual trading cards?”

I see one of the big things now is expensive sports cards packs where you get signatures and bits of a jersey on a card. They have varying degrees of rarity, from 1/100, 1/50, etc to 1/1.

But, I guess they are on it!

Pretty hilarious they call it “The most historically significant artifact in United States History”, and then they cut it up. LOL.

7 Likes

I think that was the initial release. This is the third set.

5 Likes

11 Likes

Much like the first one, I’m guessing this is just money laundering. The dollar amounts involved are very specifically 1 cent to 1 dollar under multiple financial reporting limits.

12 Likes

I can’t believe nobody had the idea to turn it into a game called “MAGA: the Gathering.”

10 Likes

The sales pitch sounds exactly like a BoingBoing commentator’s parody of a Trump sales pitch. Especially the part about the suit. I kept waiting for acknowledgement that this was indeed a fake. None came.

9 Likes

to which i would hope that Wizards of the Coast would sue the pants off everyone involed in that venture.

when i was working in commercial printing, we got one of those projects for a client. our job was to die cut the little “fabric window” in two heavy cards and sandwich a piece of actual jerseys - that our poor bindery staff had to cut by hand - of (mostly) world cup footballers. the cards were printed with an image of the player and their stats. apparently, these sold in those card collector specialty shops for big bucks.

tRump, on the other hand, can go fuck himself and his “very important historic artifact” and go straight to hell.

8 Likes

Owned by Hasbro. Hasbro - till all are one.

The jersey had to be cut by hand, or the die cut? Were they using an actual die, but placing and stamping it by hand vs machine, or whip out ye’ ol’ Xacto knife?

1 Like

$99 each?? $99 for a digital card?? God these people are suckers.

5 Likes

The best thing about keeping this scam in the realm of digital images is that trading card shops and antique stores won’t be inundated with this fascist crap a generation from now when people are trying to unload their dead parents’ stuff.

7 Likes

the cards were die cut on press 12-up.
the jerseys were cut into 1 inch squares with scissors by the unfortunate, underpaid and underappreciated bindery crew.

4 Likes

crime and punishment trading cards

2 Likes

If they really used one of his old suits can you imagine the smell? :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. I always wondered how they were made. I kinda assumed they would have sent in bits of jersey.

I know things like the NFL or team logo patch bring more money, and some people are taking their bit of jersey out and putting in a different bit of jersey, none the wiser, for the most part. :confused:

Good thing you can’t have cut up bits of Boba Fett armor randomly inserted into cards… good thing, right?

Though mark my words, they are going to do this with poor condition copies of comics at some point. Like “own a piece of Action #1”, placed in mylar, sandwiched between glossy card stock.

2 Likes

DNA evidence.

2 Likes

Thanks to Kathy Griffin, we don’t have to imagine.

The Donald has a distinct smell that doesn’t really get enough press, it’s like body odor with kind of like a scented makeup products. But you can smell the hair products even outdoors.

3 Likes