SNL's Jake Tapper/KellyAnne Conway 'Fatal Attraction'

That skit in addition to roasting Conway, had digs against Fareed Zakaria, Carol Costello, both CNN hosts, and HuffPost Live. That skit was not a one hit attack piece.

1 Like

No, she isn’t. She was his campaign manager, is currently one of his top advisors, and is, next to Spicer and Trump, the most visible and vocal member of the administration. That makes her a target. Kellyanne Conway isn’t a snowflake. I suspect she’s in that position because they know she can take the abuse without crumbling. I don’t like her, but I have to admit she’s got a pretty thick skin, unlike her boss.

That skit was pretty dark. Wasn’t expecting that. I like Kelly Anne’s day off better :grinning:

well, maybe “lower down the food chain” wasn’t quite the right metaphor

i was getting at the notion that she’s not secretary of an administrative agency or anything requiring adversarial confirmation hearings - rather, she’s discretionary and political

how about “higher on the glycemic index”

and i don’t think it’s a thick skin exactly, more like a slime-coated carapace, deflects most stuff but susceptible to cracking

It’s odd - that video plays for me in UK at current time, and I’m not doing any region-spoofing mayhem.

Maybe SNL loosened the region lock given the clip’s popularity? (I think I’m saying ‘try it again, it might just work now?’)

I don’t know what that means. It sounds like you mean to imply she’s sweet? I don’t read her that way at all. She and Spicer are the attack dogs of the administration, agressively pushing back against critics, especially in the media. I’m not sure if you’re implying that critics and political humorist should take it easy on her, but if you are, the answer is no, they shouldn’t.

I know I wouldn’t want to be ridiculed like that, certainly not in public. But good grief! She’s one of the principal public faces of the administration! She’s one of Trump’s mouthpieces. If that doesn’t justify public ridicule I don’t know what does. The idea that anyone thinks condemnation, ridicule, or parody of KellyAnne Conway is unfair is shocking to me. If she doesn’t want people dissecting what she says and scrutinizing her, she did a lousy job of choosing jobs.

2 Likes

ha - more like junk food - a talking cheeto - how many can you eat before you want to puke - and when you do puke, it’s an ugly puke

Yea, that’s more like how I took it. High glycemic index means it hits the bloodstream fast, but if you don’t follow it up with something hearty and protein-filled (or true, in our metaphor), you rebound and end up feeling like hammered shit later. Maybe it doesn’t work like that for folks who are not hypoglycemic, but that’s been my experience.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.