Snopes fact-checks claims that "woke mob" removed the Snickers dick vein

Apparently GQP’ers are all about the “dick vein” these days. Did not have that on my bingo card.

12 Likes

10 Likes

5 Likes

I’m glad that we resolved that burning question.

They have a shot for that, too.

5 Likes

A: “What does that candy bar look like to you?”

B: “A Whatchamacallit.”

A: “Oh good I was worried I was the only one.”

14 Likes

The number of jokes that get passed around as real news in conservative circles is why the world is going to be f$%ked for a long time.

It’s a perpetual motion device that runs on outrage. If only we could harness that energy.

10 Likes

The vast majority of posts regarding the “dick vein” on a Snickers bar appear to be in jest.

So far, but I’m sure Carlson or Shapiro will jump in soon, and DeSantis will outlaw non-cock Snickers in Florida before the weekend…

4 Likes

desantis can eat a whole bag of veiny dicks. (carlson and shapiro, as well).

8 Likes

12 Likes

My childhood association for the top of a Snickers (also Milky Way, 3 Musketeers…) was always Worf’s forehead.

Star Trek Facepalm GIF

14 Likes

17 Likes

I quite enjoy them but oddly enough it’s pretty easy for me to tell the difference between a candy bar and a dick! Maybe that confusion only exists if you spend way too much time suppressing it and being afraid of that interest? Ok, so I’m also not obsessed, likely for the exact same reason!

12 Likes

Penis-shaped Confectionery, you say?

13 Likes

This wasn’t a right-wing troll, it was just a troll. Trolling both the right wing and the left wing, clearly.

The original clearly makes “woke mob” into a ridiculous thing that right-wingers obsess about. And thinking that this was a right-wing troll is a trap the left falls into too easily.

Troll trolled everyone.

5 Likes

I just re read the headline. Wouldn’t it be the million mom type groups that would complain about a thing their kids were eating that looked like a penis?

And I just remembered that one time as a kid, my dad was running up to the store and he asked me if I wanted anything, yes please, get me a Snickers bar with no nuts.

He never let me down, he brought home a Milky Way.

2 Likes

There’s no joke article so absurd that right-wing nutjobs won’t fail to recognize it as humor and react with outrage, harassment or violence (I really hope nobody is getting hurt over a candy bar but at the same time I wouldn’t be surprised). The death of parody is another deliberate tactic from the fascist playbook.

9 Likes

I’d like to think that, but I’ve seen too much anti-‘woke’ stuff of various types that I’m fully willing to accept that somewhere out there there are people who are genuinely expressing disgust with the idea that the candy bar people in some way gave into pressures to change an (iconic?) feature of their product to satisfy the whims of the ‘woke-mob’.

4 Likes

The joke would have been more inclusive if they had included these:

I swear, there are people that do nothing more than sit around & make stuff up… and know that some snowflake somewhere will get outraged about it, post about it on FB & next thing you know, Cucker Tarlson is whining about it.

Never mind that sane people will know better than to believe a word of it.

2 Likes

Well, at least it’s a way to be able to talk about dicks and admiration of their vasculature. no homo right?

Maybe we need to start a campaign: “Conservative? It’s okay to like dicks/dick veins.”.

1 Like

6 Likes