Snowboarder refuses to comply with ski resort’s mask policy, fights with security

That must be why…

There are approximately 20,000 pillows within 500 metres of the ski lifts

Although that is Whistler. I don’t know where this happened as Canada is a big place.

2 Likes

It’s in Ontario. This resort is the third busiest in Canada, behind Whistler-Blackcomb and Mont Tremblant.

3 Likes

I’m not trying to be mean, but this is just too good a set up! I’m not going to wager any money either because I still don’t know where it is. Ontario is a big place too.

1 Like

I had to look at it’s wiki page to be sure. However, I remember hearing about Blue Mountain from skiers at Whistler. (Skiers are a chatty bunch, especially when you’re sharing a chair lift.)

There are at least four other Canadian resorts where I’d like to visit, but now I want to squeeze in a trip to Blue Mountain since they show they care about safety.

3 Likes

Don’t get your hopes up too much. You won’t get the long runs you do at Whistler or Tremblant. Blue Mountain is tiny by comparison. The crowds can be horrendous, since it’s the biggest hill reachable from Toronto on a day trip. That said, there is still good skiing there.

Is Lake Louise/Sunshine on your list of western resorts? Or the Eastern Townships (Sutton, Mount Orford etc.) in Quebec?

2 Likes

What a friggin’ dink.

1 Like

Lake Louise and Banff/Sunshine, for sure, and I thought about trying Revelstoke.

I haven’t skied Tremblant (I just met the guys from Tremblant on different Whistler trips), but I’d like to try out that resort, too.

ETA: Big sigh. I’m not sure I’ll ever get these done. Lift tickets, cost of lodging…skiing has become pretty costly. :pensive:

3 Likes

I asked because they are security guards, not police, and it’s not clear to me what their powers are in this situation. Retract claws!

1 Like

What would I do:

1 Like

None the less, the security guards had every right to eject that jackass. :woman_shrugging: I’m really done with these people thinking that living in a free society means that they get to do whatever they want, whenever they want, the rest of us be damned.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.