"Soaked," "sinful," and "yum-a-licious": here are Cheesecake Factory's 42 approved adjectives

No “craveable”? Munch Squad has misled me about the frequency of that word in corporate Fast Casual Dining communications

4 Likes

The word “sinful” insults those of us who do do not subscribe to the self-flagellating, self-denying, pleasure-lookin’-down-on goddam puritan doctrine.

7 Likes

Soaked & Loaded for just $2.95 extra

Fior di latte ice cream is just that though, its basically milk flavored ice cream and dumping anything on top would be missing the point. I’m not sure I’d consider the Cheesecake Factory the exemplar of cheese cake, this side of the Atlantic cheesecake is often very toned down in comparison. When I lived in the US it was fun to take the occasional visitor there just to watch them try and comprehend what was going on.

2 Likes

I don’t know about that “oozing”, anything that you might find on a list of H P Lovecraft adjectives should be given a wide berth in a restaurant setting.

9 Likes

And AFAIK cheesecake cannot easily be treif either.

Whatever your religion or lack thereof, go ahead, have the damn cheesecake if you want to.

1 Like

During a long road trip, we’d stopped for dinner somewhere deep in the darkest (whitest) US midwest. I ordered a piece of amazing- and decadent-sounding pie for dessert, and was gleefully nomming it when the waitress came by to give my then-honey more coffee. I said, “This is sooo good!” w/a big grin, and she replied, "Oh, it’s absolutely sinful!"

My smile disappeared and didn’t return for quite some time.

It’s astounding, the way a puritan can suck all the wind and joy out of one’s sails.

2 Likes

You don’t want to try the new Noisome Squamous Delight? With extra glabrous?

5 Likes

I feel like “oozing” belongs on your list of banned adjectives more than on theirs of approved ones…

4 Likes

No pleasure like a guilty pleasure.

2 Likes

I can’t understand the “guilty” part, but I’m no uptight puritan.

1 Like

Never mind the Puritans, they’re doing it all wrong anyway.

2 Likes

…when they do it at all.

3 Likes

That’s why they’re so bad at it. No practice.

2 Likes

I’m holding out for an antedeluvian, non-euclidean cheesecake

7 Likes

X-COM: Enemy Unknown generates mission names based on lists of adjectives and nouns that you can edit yourself (so you get stuff like “Descending Sword” or “vengeful savior”). Using these lists, you can make a Cheesecake Factory-themed mission name generator!

7 Likes

Operation oozing sprinkles is underway, sir!

4 Likes

“sinful” is okay. But what about “unholy”, “damned”, “blasphemous”, “diabolic” or “hell-bound”? Good words, all of them.

“Damnation by chocolate: an unnatural chocolate cake, fecund and dripping with eldrich fluids, and sweetened with matters unknown to nature. Go! Expose your taste-buds to the dark majesty of its unspeakable puissance!”

…yum-a-doodle-doo…

8 Likes

Heretical cheesecake sounds good to me right now.

9 Likes

…with desecrated coconut.

5 Likes