Someone started a literary magazine dedicated to Taco Bell

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/10/someone-started-a-literary-mag.html

5 Likes

Taco Bell and “ass” should maybe be kept apart to maintain a veneer of authenticity maybe?

1 Like

Hence the hyphen.

7 Likes

This is… this is perfect. I will not rest until I am published in TBQ.

5 Likes

If they think that making a is-it-serious-is-it-parody academic journal about a pedestrian consumable is a reaction against hipsters, then they and I have a very different understanding about what “hipster” means…

(though, honestly hipster seems to mean whichever upper-middle-class semi-creative person is doing something that you find annoying)

5 Likes

Two hipsters walk into a bar, but then immediately leave. “Too many hipsters” one says to the other.

9 Likes

I feel like this is an attempt at one-upping Joe Wenderoth’s **Letters To Wendy’s**.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Taco Bell is a hotbed of creative ferment:

2 Likes

2 Likes

unpaid? and we think this is funny? the brands have won the posting wars i guess

oooh i really want my old job back Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 3.03.22 PM

Now all literary magazines are Taco Bell.

1 Like

I liked TBQ before it was cool. But by rising to a level where I could find out about them, they’ve sold-out their underground roots and alienated me. /s

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.