Sometimes you feel like a nut

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/22/sometimes-you-feel-like-a-nut.html

3 Likes

Look. can we just agree that we’ve always been 12 year olds at heart.

13 Likes

Sometimes you don’t.

Mounds don't

23 Likes

Oh no, I’m not starting all that again.

12 Likes

I don’t wanna grow up, I’m a Toys R Us kid.

15 Likes

True story: at my kid’s tween-aged birthday party a few years back one of her peers made a joke about “not wanting to grow up, something, something, Toys R Us.”

I promptly quipped back;

“You ain’t got a choice, boo-boo; Toys R Us been went out of business.”

To my surprise, they all laughed…

20 Likes

The Smarties jingle is far more thought provoking.
(Smarties ~= M&Ms for the states. In fact, where (oh where) is the all-critical “British candy” “murkuhn candy” (near) equivalent spreadsheet we’ve been needing? e.g. Brit:Mars == US:Snickers etc)

5 Likes

I always gagged on the sweetened coconut

3 Likes

this is far more my style anyways

15 Likes

Cant go wrong with Tom Waits.

9 Likes

Want that font. Font want!

8 Likes

AJ's Got Nuts

10 Likes

I wish I could sign official documents with that font.

2 Likes

Yup, I avoided both of those candy bars because of that. They were my top two post Trick-or-Treat trades. :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

If I had the means…I would remake one of these aisles from my childhood to romp through like a little kid!

There is a store in Everett, WA I think that just stocks old collectables like this.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Mounds has always been one of my #1 choices when it comes to commercial chocolate bars. Not for the coconut, but for the dark chocolate. Pretty much it’s that, Peppermint Patty, and the periodic releases of M&M’s Dark Chocolate and Milky Way Dark.

So when I saw that 1977 ad with the “now with creamy milk chocolate” I was all “eeeeeeew”. Thankfully it was gone by the 1980 ad.

2 Likes

So that’s where Smarties come from! In one Fawlty Towers episode, Basil was up against an incredibly rude entitled brat in the dining room. In answer to said brat’s complaint regarding the shape of his eggs, Basil said, “Oh, dear. What shape do you usually have? Mickey Mouse shape? Smarties shape? Amphibious landing-craft shape? Poke-in-the-eye shape?”

4 Likes

Try Patsy PB or Cortese.

ETA: they’re close
ETAA: yes I’m a font collector

5 Likes