Soon, you'll be able to safely microwave your Cup Noodles

If this is for the Jjajangmyeon… You can adjust it based on your tastes:

• I chop an onion, the amount depends on how much you’d like, if it’s a large onion i do about a 1/4th of it. Sautee it on medium or medium-high heat

• When it starts to get some color i add kimchi, amount is also to taste (it’s hard for me to give a quantity :stuck_out_tongue: ). If the pan is too hot you can add a splash or two of water, what you’re looking for is to cook the kimchi to tame its punchy-ness to some extent so its not so overpowering to the overall dish. You can cook kimchi and take it as far as you want but i usually give it about 2-3 minutes. But if you dont like kimchi or don’t have any feel free to omit it entirely, or sub it for chopped/shredded cabbage.

• Add a splash of soy sauce, a spoonful of minced garlic and if you have curry powder on hand add about a teaspoon. Jjajangmyeon is a bit on the simple side for my tastes so adding some curry powder kicks it up a notch.

• Take mixture off the heat after two to three minutes, drain the prepared noodles and put back into its pot on low heat, add the sauce mixture and dried veggie packet, add the onion/kimchi mix, and stir everything together slowly cooking and mixing everything through until the sauce, veggies and noodles are well incorporated and sauce starts to thicken.

• Plate up in a bowl and top with sesame seeds (and green onions if you have them).

Notes: I make this without meat because my partner is vegan, add meat as desired. Other veggies can be added and i sometimes might be inclined to add frozen corn, or cook mushrooms along with the onion and kimchi. And if you really want it a bit punchier with the spice you can add red pepper flakes, paprika or gochugaru.

Hopefully my steps make sense. If you do try it i’d love to hear what you think and if you have comments about it :slight_smile: I’ve only ever made it for my partner and she seems to love it.

5 Likes