Sourdough pizza crust doesn't take much work

One the few really good things about being an adult* is that you could, in theory, eat what you want whenever you want and nearly everywhere¶ you want.

So, don’t spoil that by telling someone what’s allowed on an pizza or not. There’s no DOP on pizza, even if it is on the UNESCO world heritage list, and I am a grown person who can obviously decide myself if I ruin myself indulging in fried mars bars!
Oh, wrong example. Pineapple. I meant to say pineapple.

'* restrictions apply if you aren’t a wealthy white male living in an industrialised ‘western’ country on the northern hemisphere.

¶ restrictions apply in libraries, transportation, any private place which doesn’t belong to you and every public space.

1 Like

I feel that there should be a DIN/ISO, though.

ISO’s are a thing of the past. Nobody uses CD-ROM or DVD any more. Just download your pizza straight to your drive. No need to burn it.

1 Like

Runter von meinem Rasen.

1 Like

com-add-text%20(2)

Well if you are talking about Neapolitan pizza, there are regulations and a UNESCO designation.

2 Likes

Agreed.

As I understand it the evidence for this is weak, and it’s more likely that in San Francisco just like everywhere else you get the yeast and bacteria that were present in the flour you started with.

1 Like

Yeah, but their rules are silly and don’t even allow for sourdough…

1 Like

That short after Pesach, leaving out that leavening might be permissible, don’t you think?

Also, if I may say so, for Acetobacter adding something substantially to your pizza dough, you will need a slooooow leavening/dough process.

1 Like

Hooray for pineapple!

And thanks to whoever found that Durian Pizza link … that’s on my bucket list now … i LOVE Durian …

(yes, I also like cilantro! )

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.