Soured QAnon follower writes open letter to Trump: "This is starting to get very old"

Usually blaming hollywood for societal ills is a weak cop-out, but this stuff really does line up with the simple it’s-all-connected catharsis of low-brow political thrillers. It really fits the “Dumb person’s idea of a smart guy” Trump meme. This whole conspiracy seems like “a dumb person’s idea of a complex web of intrigue” a-la the Da Vinci Code, which like those stories seems complicated but is a certain kind of accessible.

It just feels like blockbuster storytelling has been laying track for “a small band of patriots takes down a worldwide conspiracy in one fell swoop” for a long time mostly because that’s a deneumont that can be set up and pulled off within 120 minutes and can be followed by a general audience. although for that matter we’ve also been prepped for “it’s gonna have a lot of plot holes and loose threads because we changed writers and directors a couple times, but don’t worry it’ll be cool in the end”

13 Likes

Even one piece of punctuation well illustrates the difference between him and his family.
“They think. I am a nut for believing in all this.”

10 Likes

And for lunch you can have a Q-tear pounder with cheese.

3 Likes

Well, you see, the date is relative to the rapture, but one must factor in the predictions of Nostradamus, who has been misinterpreted… And then there’s the whole basis in the Mayan / Incan / Aztec calendar, which as we all know, was affected by the shifting of the magnetic poles, and don’t forget the extra-terrestrials who stole days from the calendar and sent them into the distant past…

3 Likes

I dunno. There are certainly several cultish mainstream religions you could have joined and you wouldn’t have been ridiculed, Mr. Warren. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

As ever, Beau has a humane take on this situation.

8 Likes

99140b1b525fd3083df70883abeea3543565eff0_2_324x500

17 Likes

Is the full text of this letter posted somewhere that we can read it?
All I see is small quotes provided by the news media.

2 Likes

I think that they are still trying to decipher the bone placements and entrails.

Snipets are all that are out there on the news/blogosphere aggregators but you could wade into the Telegram QAnon group where it was posted if you dare…

4 Likes
1 Like

Only one today

1 Like

7 Likes

I have a lot of respect for Beau and think his advice here is sound. That said, my compassion has limits.

Some guy tells me that his wife has a serious autoimmune disease, I feel for him. The idea there’s a secret cure somewhere that he doesn’t have access to is magical thinking but, ok, it’s driven by desperation so I can understand it. However, once he insists that he’ll get his hands on the secret cure by supporting a mysterious figure who’ll bring on a long-anticipated “day of the rope”/“Red October” of arrests and executions for Satanic padeophiles, reptillians, librul elites, Jews, PoC etc. (i.e. Qanon) my capacity for a humane take is exhausted.

15 Likes

Doesn’t this guy know the real secret?

He should be demanding to speak to Trump’s manager for this outrage.

9 Likes

It’s a great time to be a tattoo artist!

3 Likes

Okay, never mind, I figured it all out. They aren’t taking into consideration the Phantom Time era.

So, in reality it is actually 297 years earlier than they think. They will need to adjust their prophecies 297 years into the future. Now they can go to bed happy, knowing that they are right about the second coming of Trump and Kennedy Jr and stuff, and that generations from now the world they want will be fulfilled.

7 Likes

Their critical thinking - or thinking full stop - is obviously much better developed than his.

3 Likes

I didn’t read that as “show compassion because it’s the decent thing to do.” I read it as “these people are closer to snapping than usual. Be careful, for both your sakes”.

If I had a family member who had fallen down this little information silo, I’d give 'em space right now. … When you look at the patterns of people who engage in ‘mass incidents’, you’ll find out they had multiple stressors at once and it’s often linked to a domestic thing. I would suggest that that movement is probably in a very volatile state right now.

ETA: Agreed, in many ways that’s even more difficult to take than their previous version of nut. That this was encouraged for stupid political points is … hard.

4 Likes

“I told a few of my awake friends”

Yeah, about that… Perhaps you never considered you are following a string of bullshit and are in fact dreaming.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.