Spaaaaace

Comedy Central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

This is why we can’t have nice things.

5 Likes
4 Likes

According to Flightradar24:

Putting what we know together, we can say that the aircraft in the image is JetBlue flight 30. We reached out to JetBlue and they promised to pass along the photo to the pilots. A stunning shot from Andrew McCarthy, but certainly not his first. Check out some of his other amazing photographs of the cosmos on his website Cosmic Background.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Small for Jupiter, anyway.

5 Likes

6 Likes

daffy duck wtf GIF by Looney Tunes

10 Likes
8 Likes

ezgif.com-optimize

3 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

I’d really love for NASA to have a successful launch system that isn’t reliant on SpaceX, but man, they’re really, really screwing up that effort. Yes, it’s as much the fault of the Congressional appropriations folks hamstringing them and dictating stupid requirements as it is the fault of actual NASA administrators, but either way something needs to change in a big way unless we want to throw in the towel and hand over our whole space program to megalomaniacal billionaires.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I particularly like how the rocket dropped off a satellite before sending the probe to the moon.

“Hey, we’re off to the moon. Anyone coming?”
“No, but I could use a lift into low Earth orbit, if it’s on your way?”
“Sure!”

3 Likes
3 Likes

The new US B-21 “Raider” bomber is already being called “Blackjack” unofficially. I expect it will be a bit like how no F-16 pilots call their aircraft “Fighting Falcon”, choosing instead to call it “Viper”

3 Likes

Sounds kinda Dodge-y.

3 Likes

Sad Koala GIF

3 Likes

IcLL

2 Likes
5 Likes