Space Camper for Tesla Cybertruck seems perfect for Burning Man luxurists

Originally published at: Space Camper for Tesla Cybertruck seems perfect for Burning Man luxurists | Boing Boing

4 Likes

“Forthcoming”.

10 Likes

Not going to put a deposit down just yet.

6 Likes

Whenever I see anything about Cybertruck and especially now with this camping thing on it I get flashbacks to those old 90’s games that were considered “high tech” because they used polygons. The Genesis version of Flashback is the first that pops in, but there were many others. All those Virtua Fighting / Racing games, for example. It’s weird to think that we’ve gone from super stylized / everything’s curvy to “here’s a brick we shaved some corners off to give it ‘style’” here. It’s not that I dislike the design necessarily, but it’s a very strange juxtaposition to everything else on the current market.

12 Likes

Don’t care how green they are or how much they’ve changed the EV picture across the planet. Until they divorce themselves from their pedo guy at the top, I’m not interested in Tesla.

17 Likes

I love Space-X and Tesla products - but their CEO can kiss my Black ass. I’m not giving them another dime of my $ after they REDACTED us.
Tesla is a loathsome company because it reflects the values of the man at the helm.

13 Likes

A vapourware accessory for a vapourware truck.

John Oliver Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Is anyone else exhausted with press releases for products that only exist as renders? Remember when you actually had to make a thing before you could sell it?

13 Likes

Something about it just seems so familiar…

23 Likes

do the windows still shatter by the slightest effort with a jerk looking on?

6 Likes

I see they still haven’t figured out the windshield wiper.

5 Likes

VF_OG

Cybertruck definitely looks like something the old Virtua Fighter crew would ride around in. I understand everything’s gotta start somewhere, but preferred my “flat” games at the time.

Edited to add: “speaking of polygons, it looks like Mars is about 20 years behind us…” ba-dum-ching

3 Likes

Doubles as a ramp for my other Hot Wheels cars.

6 Likes

I’m thinking that if that top black rack part were really solar cells capable of charging the car battery, that would be cool. But I doubt they thought that far.

Edit: turns out a bunch of automakers already thought of it. COOL!

4 Likes

Next year” is what I heard.

2 Likes

Theu should call it The Illusion of Space Camper since there will be very little actual room In that thing.

7 Likes

“The camper will reportedly cost $24,000.“

Not much for the price. You could get a new 17’ Casita with a ton more space. Bathroom/shower, decent kitchen, heat & A/C for about that.

Something you could actually live in.

9 Likes

I was actually thinking the Landmaster from Damnation Alley.

5 Likes

The new CEO:

6 Likes

IDK, the new kias are very angular and cybertruckish

1980s

It looks like a DeLorean SUV

4 Likes