Squirrel has no time for snake's reptilian bullshit

Snek isn’t remotely interested in the squirrel - it’s just trying to get the furry asshole to leave it alone.

1 Like

You’d think that given the size of the two animals that the squirrel wasn’t dinner sized, but you’d be wrong. I can promise you that.

Two things: Snakes are insanely stretchy, and squirrels are insanely puffy with all that fur.

2 Likes

Didn’t have the garter snake pattern. Really not sure what kind of snake, as a lot of snakes have patterns like that (poisonous and not).

I do know that kingsnakes will hiss and coil like that, even shaking their tails despite not having rattles or fangs.

The head shape looks like non-venemous (those housing fangs have wide heads to house them). Also the squirrel isn’t dead…

That is a gopher snake.
When I was a kid, we brought one of those home to keep in an aquarium for a little while. we put some rocks and leaves in the aquarium, and the next day, we’re looking into the aquarium, and it starts hissing and rattling. My mom flipped out, but it turns out that they rely on those markings and rattle their tail back and forth in dried leaves to make a rattling sound, and scare off predators.

Squirrels are basically rats with fluffy tails.

5 Likes

My friend, who lives in a rural area in Australia, told me that his cats frequently catch venomous snakes and bring them in to the house.

“Next on The Wonderful World of Disney … ‘Chompers, the Squirrel Who Thought He Was a Mongoose.’”

Having once been bitten on the finger by a squirrel that got trapped in our house (caught and released unharmed into the yard), I feel that snake’s pain.

2 Likes

Unlikely. We have an outbreak of rabies here in southern ontario (first in well over a decade), and they sent fliers on how rabid animals behave - rabid animals are usually erratically agressive and not likely capable of this level of careful, prolonged combat. It’s a degenerative brain disease, after all.

IMHO this is territory or child-protecting behaviour.

6 Likes

Two animals not acting like they normally do - like a kitty not eating a baby duck or a bunny - the internet goes “Dawwww…”

One squirrel shows their murder streak, and the internet freaks out!

DON’T Google the squirrel eating a mouse video.

kill5
More proof that cats are the vanguard of an alien invasion.

4 Likes

I’m reminded of the story from Russia a few years ago where a group of squirrels attacked and killed a dog.

1 Like

You and Boundegar are correct, I meant gopher snake. I got my garters and gophers mixed up in the dresser drawer.

2 Likes

I’d upgrade that NIMBY to NIMFBY.

2 Likes

DON’T Google it …he said dDDONNTT. Don’t.
Not google do not don’t donotdontgooglenononodngoigdntgonogodonbbaahhhhhberightback

Damn. He was right.

1 Like

I sense a ‘Russian Reversal’ joke in there somewhere.

2 Likes

giphy%20(16)

complet vis accent

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.