Sriracha: now in individual sachets

[Read the post]

1 Like

The link and price you mention for Sriracha is for a brand other than Huy Fong, the “Rooster” brand that most people know and love.

Here is the correct link for Huy Fong’s new travel packets, a 200-pack costs $35 plus shipping, about the same as the Tabasco product.

5 Likes

So you’ll need about 35 sachets per meal? Why yes, most food is a hot sauce delivery device.

15 Likes

Well, I guess I now have no excuse and will just have to break down and try it. Based on the descriptions I’m sure this will lead to a terrible hot sauce addiction and a downward spiral that ends with me on the street swigging Frank’s straight from the bottle.

It’s been nice knowing all of you.

2 Likes

I want one to wear around my neck, like a medallion.

1 Like

Thank you!

Here you go!

2 Likes

Gosh! You’re awesome!

It is more a spicy ketchup than hot sauce proper… That said it is awesome on scrambled eggs and things you would normally put ketchup on.

2 Likes

My translation partner calls it baby food. She’s from way up North in Chiang Mai. Who knows? Maybe they eat baby food in Chonburi Province. :smile:

4 Likes

Well it isn’t all that spicy really. Tabasco levels of hot so unless you are a complete novice it isn’t really much heat.

3 Likes

I find that style of condiment packets to be annoyingly fidgety to open without mishap, and that’s when the only risk is getting regular clothes-staining stuff everywhere. Hot staining stuff flying around? Yay. Not to mention wasteful for most non-portable uses and dangerously squishable if the goal is to carry them around, so a bad design all around.

What happened to Tabasco’s clever harder-plastic bottle-shape packet? I’d have guessed that would be the new standard by now for being more user-friendly as well as super cute. Probably even more wasteful in terms of raw materials though, therefore more expensive. So there’s my answer.

4 Likes

These packets are good news for food trucks and fast food, but i wouldn’t buy them for myself.

Even better they sell big packs of the mini bottles.

Of course like @japhroaig astutely points out, the full size bottle is what i consider travel size. What are those, hot sauces for ants? They need to be at least 6X as big!

6 Likes

That’d be quite big ants.

2 Likes

Turns out that Huy Fong sells travel size Sriracha bottles that are much more reasonably sized.

4 Likes

A store near me offers gallons, also, I was surprised to find.

2 Likes

yay, more more plastic waste. But Ohh the convenience

Sriracha

:smile:

FYI, these also exist…

3 Likes

Hot sauce is a good starting point, but hummus is delicious on anything even marginally bread-like. I recommend trying it on thin waffles, and in a roast beef sandwich.

Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce is good enough on its own, but for the sake on not tipping off co-diners that I have a problem, I’ll put it on a well-done steak. The meat isn’t what’s important anyway.

Also, try mixing spicy deli mustard and honey mustard, best of both worlds!

3 Likes