Stabilized version of famous bigfoot video

How can the gender be determined?

Considering that the claim — risable as it is — is that Bigfoot is supposed to be a lost human lineage, then the observation that it walks like a human doesn’t do much to disprove the claim.

Our mom used to get all bent when my brother and I wanted to watch The 6 Six Million Dollar Man. She thought that it was completely ridiculous.
Yea, because little boys have never been known to want to watch anything completely ridiculous… :smile:

2 Likes

Believe!

4 Likes

Elvis.

1 Like

tch tch tch tch tch tch tch tch tch tch tch…

2 Likes

You appear to be starting with the idea that it’s a suit and working backwards. When he counters “what other thing has a stride like that?” with “other documented but extinct primates”, he’s not claiming it’s Australopithecus in an ape suit (an obviously silly idea), but something like Australopithecus. For most of human history Australopithecus was completely unknown, now it’s accepted scientific fact, but that illustrates the bottom line in the debate: the only true proof is a physical specimen.

When Australopithecus was discovered it fit nicely into our existing knowledge of primate and hominid evolution. We found it just where one would expect to find a prehuman hominid ancestor, and the fossil record is full of clues on how it evolved, migrated and eventually gave rise to other species. We have none of that for Sasquatch.

I’m not betting on the existence of an extant nonhuman hominid but if I did I’d be looking for it in remote regions of Africa, or possibly even Asia. I haven’t even heard a plausible theory for how a genus of nonhuman ape would have even migrated to North America, let alone hidden any physical evidence of its existence for untold thousands of years.

3 Likes

I concur. How is it that an ape ranging from 6’8" to gargantuan according to eye witnesses, and weighing hundreds to thousands of pounds is also more elusive than the loris, the kinkajou and the aye-aye, even though these bigfoots live in highly populated areas, and there are tens of thousands of people if not more looking for them?

Might as well just call them what they probably are: misidentified bears.

6 Likes

C’mon, guys—it’s 2015! You don’t have to hide anymore!

8 Likes

But there’s a man-to-man personals section! These guys have an incentive to be identified properly, even if they are discreet.

1 Like

Sure, I can’t argue with that, but I was really just pointing out that his reply about “a primate in an ape suit” was more like trolling than a serious question. To be fair he may have just misunderstood the comparison, but it seemed willfully obtuse.

I have no stake in the Bigfoot debate. I think it’s possible though improbable. New scientific discoveries happen everyday, and it seems like hubris for humans to rule it out.

I still think it is unlikely that Australopithecus would wander around in an ape suit.

A pin-stripe suit, maybe – they were natty dressers – but not an ape suit.

2 Likes

Uhhh. . . isn’t a tuxedo often referred to as a “monkey suit”?

2 Likes

Too short. You’d need one australopithecus standing on another’s shoulders. Would that affect their gait?

2 Likes

4 Likes

Two words:

“Hairy boobs”.

Close ups of the film appear to show breasts when the thing turns to look over it’s right shoulder. Nice little bit to add to your gorilla suit I’d say.

1 Like

Never mind the stabilisers! Where’s the hair mousse?

1 Like

4 Likes

I’ve analyzed the film frame by frame and concluded that it’s a guy in a gorilla suit. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. This film ain’t it.