Stabilized version of famous bigfoot video

Says you, a macaque on the internet.

1 Like

Aliens keep erasing his memory of the event.

1 Like

Yes, there appears to be a ā€˜faceā€™ up on a tree trunk center left.

Letā€™s call it the pareidolia.

1 Like

Quote from Futurama, where a bigfoot-chasing ranger is answering questions:

Fry: Sir, if I may, why donā€™t you just set up like a billion video cameras in the woods and see if he walks by one?
Ranger Park: Ah, that would be very expensive, and most people who believe in Bigfoot are broke.

4 Likes

Looks like weā€™ve found another shill for Big Pareidolia.

What are you hiding, anyway? What donā€™t you want us to know?

Because weā€™ll find out. Weā€™re already know what we think your house looks like*.

Ā 

* Thereā€™s a Virgin Mary on the left-side of the house under the first full moon in May. COINCIDENCE?

Please provide your detailed frame by frame analysis like Bill Munns did. What are your credentials, expertise?

I believe I did that above, where I said Iā€™ve concluded itā€™s a guy in a monkey suit. That is at least as reputable as Munns analysis.

My credentials are actually pretty straightforward: Iā€™m not an idiot, or a raving lunatic, and Iā€™m not missing any teeth. Also, Iā€™m a Macaque.

4 Likes

In the stabilized version, if you watch the upper right thigh when it plants itā€™s foot right when it turns to look at the camera, doesnā€™t it look like musculature shake from the foot plant?

This statement is false (albeit a good rhetorical device - until it is pointed out anyone saying this does not understand proof). Proof is proof.

His misstatement doesnā€™t invalidate the fact that thereā€™s practically no credible evidence for there being hundreds if not thousands of enormous, heavily-built bipedal apes that would require enormous ranges and vast amounts of food walking around the ever shrinking and ever more populous forests of the US. By sheer number of sightings youā€™d expect at least hair or feces to be found regularly. But instead the best anyoneā€™s come up with is one shaky, washed-out video lasting a few seconds, and lots of trivially hoaxable tracks.

Get me some DNA and then we can talk. Get me some evidence.

Extraordinary claims, and bigfoot is definitely extraordinary, require extraordinary evidence. All the evidence thatā€™s been thrown at me is either mundanely explicable through much more likely occurrences than a completely new species of gigantic elusive ape, or downright fraudulent. Might as well toss in snipes, jackalopes and jersey devils.

2 Likes

First, please name all of the types of humans that have lived in the last 40,000 years.

And why are we so certain that they have all died out?

You mean like this??

Please feel free to post a video of yourself in your suit and demonstrate the proper shin rise.

Yes I guess the rhetoric is correct after all, now that you have repeated it. :grinning:
Personally, I would love to see a body, that I could personally take a DNA sample from and personally test in my personal DNA analyzer that I personally tested to be dead on balls accurate. But for a skeptic, it would prove nothing.

Ultimately, evidence is what matters and it continues to pile up. It is an easy enough thing to dismiss something as mundanely explicable, it becomes harder to dismiss every one of the thousands of eyewitness reports, the growing number of videos, FLIR videos, go pro videos, photos, audio recordings, finger prints, foot prints etc. as hoaxes and misidentifications. You can keep your snipes, jackalopes, and jersey devils, and I will give you unicorns, Loch Ness monsters, dragons, centaurs and Pegasus too. There is no believable evidence to support them. But Bigfoot continues to pop up with hundreds of sightings every year .

This particular video is another piece of evidence. It is easy for a skeptic to say ā€œmonkey suitā€ or ā€œtoo blurryā€, but it has never been proven to be a hoax. It shows among other things, muscle contraction in multiple parts of the body, skin movement, a non Homo Sapien stride and gait, none of which have been believably reproduced by hoaxers, Hollywood makeup artists, or semi pro gorilla suit wearers. In my opinion and that of many others, the closer you look at this, the less likely it is to be a hoax.

Where? Can you show us some of it? Something fairly recent, now that practically everyone has an HD video recorder in their pocket at all times.
The ā€˜gait comparisonā€™ video is laughable. Standard strides on even ground are used to test the gait theory, and only one test person (sans suit and uneven ground) unable to copy it, does not offer even minor conclusions.
Muscle contraction and skin movement? More like costume-shake.
And you do know that you donā€™t have to test your own sample in your own lab with your own analyzer and your own qualifications right?
We just need a single sample and a single team for that.
You then get proper results.

3 Likes

But no body ever that anybody could take a DNA sample from and test in a DNA analyzer that has been tested to be dead on balls accurate.

Soā€¦ bigfoot is an incorporeal cryptid?

That could easily be explained by the fact that (s)heā€™s walking through the forest and needs to step clear the undergrowth. If itā€™s a guy in a suit, he might not be able to see obstacles very well and the costumeā€™s feet are bigger than heā€™d be used to, so raising his shins every time would be a way to avoid tripping up. Or maybe this guy is a shaved bigfoot? (The angle isnā€™t the same for every step, but it does show that 52 degrees isnā€™t a universal at all, particularly on uneven ground). In fact, I donā€™t think thereā€™s enough evidence to suggest that 52 degrees is a magic number, since the only links to the claim that I can find are related to cryptozoology.

But you did not answer my question to you. ā€œFirst, please name all of the types of humans that have lived in the last 40,000 years.ā€

I can do that. ā€œAlive humansā€.

1 Like

I donā€™t need to.

You are positing the existence of something for which no verifiable proof has been found.

It is incumbent upon you to prove your arguments.

However, there is a small chance that neanderthals might have died out as recently as 39,000 years ago. The Dinisovans (if they are indeed distinct from Neanderthals) are also believed to have become extinct around the same time (both also interbred with humans).

4 Likes
  • belonging to the emperor
  • embalmed
  • tame
  • sucking pigs
  • sirens
  • fabulous
  • stray dogs
  • included in the present classification
  • frenzied
  • innumerable
  • drawn with a very fine camelhair brush
  • et cetera
  • having just broken the water pitcher
  • that from a long way off look like flies.
9 Likes