Star Trek is returning to network television

This.
Our working theory is that the singer was related to someone one. Has to be. No one would pick that song… its just so bad. Which is a shame, as the visuals are great!!

1 Like

And it will be the year of Linux on the desktop!

2 Likes

They should just give the money to the Star Trek Continues people.
Warning: link autoplays something…

That was last year!

I’m part way into season 2. :smile:

Will do! Although I need to wait until my wife is out of the house. I expect she will mock it mercilessly if she is around.

2 Likes

Season 3 is not very good.

The Season 2 finale is shocking but also a good place to stop.

Good to know. Thank you.

I could also recommend the first season of Max Headroom, if you’re into that kind of thing.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind seeing a competently done Eugenics Wars miniseries retconned into the 21st century.

2 Likes

Since I’m pretty sure CBS’s streaming thingamahoo isn’t available for us up here in Canada, I look forward to pirating this.

2 Likes

You’d think you could have reasonable faith that CBS, a large media distribution company, would find some way to deliver this to audiences all around the world who will want to see it. At the very least you kind of wish you could have confidence that they’ll get it to Canada.

Instead it’s like 50/50, because “huge corporation” and “an even vague appearance of competence” are wholly unrelated.

2 Likes

I’m guessing if it gets up here at all, it’ll end up on Shomi or CraveTV. Neither of which I intend to pay for, because they are both ridiculous. It’d be great if it ended up on Netflix up here for first run viewing, but I doubt it immensely (as CBS has stronger ties to the big TV providers here, which is why I’m guessing one of the first two is where it’ll end up).

2 Likes

I watched it back when it was new. Might be fun to re-watch.

1 Like

I think the the third season is the best one.

The most jarring part is that the rest of the incidental music was standard TNG/DS9/Voyager stuff, and didn’t mesh well with the feeling they were trying to create. Music does play a huge role, so rehashing old music it made Enterprise feel like it was set in the same era subconsciously. There was no effort made to integrate the new style of theme music with the rest of the show’s soundtrack.

YUS!

Mother fuckers.

Don’t forget the O’Brien-Basheer frienemy dynamic! Or Garak’s ambiguous charm! TNG was great, but DS-9 had heart.

3 Likes

I’d like to see a series that revisits the locations of TOS episodes and shows how badly (usually) things went for the inhabitants of the various planets after Kirk and company blasted through their lives and “fixed” everything for them.

Either that or give the Space Hippies their own series. Just ignore the ending of the show, like Disney does in all their spinoff material. (“The Ending Never Happened!”*)

( * Not my observation, but I can’t recall which member of APATOONS stated it.)

5 Likes

I don’t think the most jarring part was how the opening theme meshed with the rest of the show, so much as it was the fact that the opening theme triggered a kind of existential horror. We carry out this great grey ritual of existence suspended by thin threads above an uncaring void, frantically hoping that the strings won’t fray so we can dangle there longer. But we hear that song and we know there cannot possibly be any meaning, any hope. It is realization that the entirety of the work of mankind, all of our apparent industry and goodness, can not stop terrible things from happening. If there was a god in the heavens or a purpose in our miserable puppetshow existence then we would never have heard that song escaping from the maw of our televisions.

5 Likes