'Star Wars Rebels' Ghost may be in 'Rogue One'

Are we talking “gratuitous cameo that distracts from the story” or “blink-and-you-miss-it Easter Egg” like when the Firefly-class transport Serenity made a background appearance in Battlestar Galactica?

5 Likes

This galaxy’s lack of safety handrails on elevated walkways is almost on par with Middle Earth.

11 Likes

Or…

edit

Rereading your post this qualifies as “gratuitous cameo that distracts from the story” which was actually a good thing considering what a giant piece of crap the prequels are.

8 Likes

I had kind of assumed ET was always meant to be a Jedi. He had telekinetic powers and recognized Master Yoda, after all.

10 Likes

There is a YT freighter in one episode of Rebels.

2 Likes

Was that built on a Delorean?

2 Likes

Ep. 1-3 aren’t canon*, though, they were just George Lucas making bad Star Wars fanfic.

* In the Star Wars Improved Universe canon.

10 Likes

How many hypnotherapy sessions did that take? I want to believe. :frowning:

3 Likes

IIRC, didn’t the same company do the SFX?

1 Like

This is on purpose. The Emperor has life insurance policies on everyone. How do you think he funds the war machine? Payouts from “random” accidents.

5 Likes

In other Rogue One news, people are idiots.

11 Likes

In the same way that the Outrider from Shadows of the Empire cameoed in A New Hope, it’s likely just a quick fly-by for the fanboys.

2 Likes

blink

5 Likes

I was looking in amazed horror at the epic stupidity of that one yesterday. Their level of self awareness is nil. There are deplorables complaining about Star Wars unfairly portraying Trump and his supporters as racists while throwing racial slurs and antisemitic attacks in replies to people who disagreed with them.

9 Likes

This has been my experience with drumpf supporters.
Supporter: He is so great, he says what he means!
me: but he said (insert vile ridiculous statement drumpf has said, you have lots to choose from)
Supporter: But thats not what he means! You are puttting words in his mouth.
repeat.

12 Likes

“I will build a great space station— and nobody builds space stations better than me, believe me — and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great station on our southern rim, and I will make Dantooine pay for that station. Mark my words.”

9 Likes

“I do business with the sand people, but you have raiders coming through the border that are from all over. And they’re bad. They’re really bad. You have sand people coming in, and I’m not just saying Tuskens, I’m talking about people that are from all over that are killers and raiders and they’re coming into this country.”

12 Likes

It took me until they actually showed who was on that freighter to realize that it wasn’t the Outrider from Shadows of the Empire. Corellian transports are in a weird place when it comes to their use in canon. Bigger and smaller ships are recycled all the time, but the Falcon, the Ghost, and (until the Iron Squadron episode of Rebels) the Outrider are pretty unique entities operated by very … distinctive characters.

Of course, Shadows is also no longer canon, so the Outrider may not even exist anymore. :wink:

Yup, it’s why they had the model on-hand.

3 Likes

Shadows is not canon, but the Outrider (or a ship that looked like it) is canon, as I mentioned above, since it cameoed in the ANH Special Edition.

3 Likes

Why not? Luke’s X-34 landspeeder was built on a Bond Bug chassis.

It looks like Reliant are the people to go to for space cars though.

5 Likes