Star Wars: The Force Awakens... See all we've got so far

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Is it too early to guess that the bad guy turns out to be Luke Skywalker?

3 Likes

That’s my guess, too. I mean, he’s not in the trailer… OR IS HE?!?

1 Like

luke is secretly kylo ren after he went over to the dark side.

no, wait, he is a surprise character who lives like a hermit on tattooine dispensing really bad advice to banthas. i mean, why would he do that? Thanks, J.J.

I’ll probably still like it since the trailer is so awesome, but if the plot takes too much from Dark Empire, I’ll be a little disappointed. I love Dark Empire, but they ditched the Expanded Universe to make it seem like a lot less of significance happened in between ROTJ and TFA.

This is what this post looks like in my RSS feed.

You should really, really feel bad about this. First: the gif capture is useless. A screenshot from the video would have been fine. The fact that it loops endlessly like a vine created by a hyper-caffeinated puppy is just a bonus. Finally: Why are there two copies of it?

For the love of all that is good and beautiful in this world, fix your damn CMS so it doesn’t do this. Unless this is some sort of artistic expression, in which case: You should feel bad.

http://www.sfrazer.com/images/BoingboingGif.gif

5 Likes

< …gets off your lawn >

Eh. Franky, Kids these days have better design taste than this. This looks like someone JDGAF

I don’t think so, since Kylo Ren (the bad guy) is played by Adam Driver, and you can see the back of his head briefly in the trailer (at the 1:58 mark… Unless Luke died his hair). Wookieepedia lists him as being approximately 30 years old in the film, though I’m not sure which of the listed source materials they got that information from. The theory is that the dude putting his hand on R2-D2 at about 1:40 in the trailer is Luke (cloak, artificial right hand)

Always two, there are. No more. No less. A Master and an apprentice.

Kylo Ren is not a Sith (hence his lack of “Darth” title). And the dark side leader of the First Order, Snoke, was revealed to be a digital character played by Andy Serkis. It’s possible that Luke is Snoke, and Mark Hamill just voices the character, but I remain highly skeptical.

So, just like the first one - where Darth Vader was played by James Earl Jones, but when his face was finally revealed they used David Prowse?

Though, I also like @RobDenBleyker’s theory:

1 Like

You missed quoting the part of my comment where you can see the back of his head in the trailer, and it’s pretty obviously Adam Driver. Unless that Rylo Ken voice is supposed to be Mark Hamill?

Edit: it would be pretty fucking hilarious if it was Jar Jar. Talk about the ultimate trolley!

1 Like

It’s a decent edit, but it is NOT all we’ve got, since it omits all of Rey’s bits from the start of the latest trailer.

Here’s my favorite trailer so far

1 Like

Hooray! The CMS now appears to be fixed!

The video, however, has been removed.

Thx for the comment, @sfrazer!

Prowse played Darth Vader’s body. His face, revealed in RotJ, was played by Sebastian Shaw. (Not that Sebastian Shaw.) I don’t know who played the back of his head in ESB though.

Prowse, apparently.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.