Startling video shows Nebraska anti-masker purposefully coughing on grocery store shoppers and calling them "sheep"

9 Likes

Once again, that’s what I would with my family. You think I would leave them behind?

If they can’t get away, as in leave with me, I would do what’s needed to keep them safe.

The question was, in the situation in the video what you have done? Or what should other bystanders have done to stop the tyranny?

2 Likes

I know, but just thinking about what we could have done with the few folks who were openly defying mandates in the very early stages in order to go ski at a chalet or lounge on the beach in Hawaii, or even going to visit relatives who were infected.

At this point, there’s no quarantine center big enough to hold all the folks who joined in this idiocy.

5 Likes

Asked and answered

I’m starting to suspect you aren’t posting in good faith…but sorry if I’m misunderstanding your words.

13 Likes

Thanks, ClutchLinkey, for providing that extra context. It wasn’t apparent from the video. The victim points out that she and her daughter did indeed try to walk away, but the miscreant singled them out and followed them around the store.

If you’re outraged by the idea of walking away from fools like this, perhaps you should be outraged at the victim herself, who tried to do just that.

And who, exactly, said that walking away “solves everything”?

4 Likes

All I said is what I would do to keep me safe and whoever I was with, that got twisted to mean I wouldn’t help a stranger.

Sorry if I wouldn’t let that stand.

2 Likes

Disingenuous concern trolls in this thread have heavily implied it.

11 Likes

I can’t remember where that came from. Oh, wait:

You and @tcg550 are acting like this situation and how to handle it falls solely on the shoulders of the shopping mother being accosted. I disagree.

14 Likes

Everyone pushing their carts in from all directions to pin the criminal in the center where she couldn’t get close enough to harm anyone would have been a perfect option.

15 Likes

Ha! Those little watermelons would make decent bowling balls, too!

11 Likes

I said what I would do in a similar situation and that was in response to comments talking about physical attacks on the idiot doing the coughing.

I, as in me personally, would not resort to physical violence unless it was the only way to keep myself and family safe.

That does not mean I wouldn’t defend a stranger who needed help.

Please stop twisting what I said.

3 Likes

I’d stay away from someone carrying a big fuck off spear. Just saying.

7 Likes

My nesting partner won’t let me take my spear with us to the grocery store, nor even the electric fly swatter. Something about not wanting us to get kicked out of the store … which I have to concede is a valid concern.

13 Likes

"Never let’s you have any fun. :confused: "

What about a long walking stick?

5 Likes

Take it from someone with experience (I worked in grocery for a few). Frozen turkeys work the best.

16 Likes

That was a whole gag in Blood Sucking Fiends, a novel by Chris Moore.

Bunch of guys who worked at a Safeway on the graveyard shift had afterhours ‘bowling tournaments,’ using frozen turkeys.

Didnt realize that was actually a thing…

12 Likes

Word I Agree GIF by INTO ACTION

10 Likes

New business idea: sell 2m long portable cattle prods.

5 Likes

Must depend on the region. In my case, ~1970-'75, grades 1-5 in catholic school with nuns in some teaching roles. Northern Ontario, Canada. I don’t recall ever being forced to switch away from the devil’s paw.

Perhaps I was too much of a lost cause and the nuns gave up. I may have been encouraged and just don’t recall. I don’t have great recall of those years, but I do remember the important things; I think being seriously coerced to switch hands would be remembered.

Speaking only for myself here. I’m certain abuse-level coercion took place. Just not where I was.

Replace long poles with shopping trolleys.

1 Like