Startlingly simple, brutal political ad

“I’m Owen Lars and I approve of this message.”

27 Likes

Ya know, there was a push for a while by some of the extended universe authors to make Owen and Obi Wan brothers

6 Likes

Dam Straight! I’m gobsmacked…

16 Likes

Geez, that’s quite a full and batshit crazy dance-card he’s got there.

10 Likes

Ok. That made me chuckle.

5 Likes

If he’s still re-elected, I’ll want to up-chuckle.

21 Likes

Wow, imagine that casting call. Yeah, sure, I’d be glad to stick a needle in my nephew’s eye. Cuz yeah, he’s a fuckin’ asshole.

21 Likes

Man, this is some brother-on-brother civil war shit! Brutal.

4 Likes

In the words of Rick James:

And effective as fuck.

When even your own fam won’t stan for you, that really says something.

24 Likes

a8af6dc9a468543567dbd9651693a79e

21 Likes

tenor%20(4)

18 Likes

Whaaat…Gosar’s not a bad guy/girl…
My friend Louis says he/she is good with pets even…

12 Likes

God damn, we need to take this guy to the burn unit after that sick burn

9 Likes

With a family like that who needs a family.

Btw Where are Robert, Elizabeth and Fred?

1 Like

I eagerly await the news feeds that glorify “the sick burn” over his stances. /s

I love how clever it is, and I think it will attract much attention to his campaign, but it will also have it’s message twisted by the deflection machine. Much like BlackLivesMatter, Kaepernick, twittery Trump, etc.

4 Likes

Except unlike his movies you didn’t see it coming from the very beginning! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

It’s going to be a lot harder to do in this case. Family is a pretty strong thing to try to twist/deflect. If it were just one relative, they’d attack that relative, but they have a handful here. They’ll probably just ignore this and talk about how we have to build the wall.

5 Likes

Not much “if” about it, I’m afraid; FiveThirtyEight’s forecast currently projects a 99.9% chance of Gosar winning his reelection race.

Did you happen to catch that Who Is America segment where Sacha Baron Cohen went to Kingman? Yeah. Those were Gosar’s constituents.

6 Likes

The current ad is mild compared to the letter 7 of his siblings sent to the Daily Miner (AZ newspaper) last year. Paul had claimed the violence at the “Unite the Right” rally was a liberal false flag operation, and may’ve been funded by George Soros. It starts:

We watched the interview of Paul Gosar on Vice News and believe Paul owes George Soros a personal apology.
This is a matter of right and wrong, not politics. We are aghast that Paul has sunk so low that he now spews the most despicable slander against an 87-year-old man without a shred of proof, and then doesn’t even have the guts or decency to apologize?

Read the whole thing: Gosar Siblings Do Not Support Rep. Paul Gosar’s Statements on George Soros

18 Likes

It’s not the only such ad, either (though without the twist):

9 Likes