Startlingly simple, brutal political ad

Man, I knew what this was going in to it, and I still thought that shit was ice cold.

Good.

7 Likes

I didn’t know where this was going when I first saw it. I thought, “That’s an awful lot of middle-aged white people for a Democratic ad.” I even started to debate myself as to whether “middle-aged white people only” would be a valid target for such an ad. Then it all made sense.

15 Likes

Boom! Right in the family jewels!

4 Likes

My brother happens to be hard-working, whip smart, and a mensch. Sent the ad to him, and told him I’d volunteer for him, should he run.

7 Likes

I don’t get the etymology angle. “Brutal” and “brute” are from a word meaning “relating to the lower animals”. Is this some play on “Gosar”? I’m drawing a blank here.

2 Likes

Possibly a nod to “Et tu Brute?” though it’s not part of the etymology of brutal.

3 Likes

Technically true, however it’s also considered likely the common knowledge of Brutus via Shakespeare led to a convergence of usage over recent centuries. Alt-etymology? Surely RB pythagorized it thus.

4 Likes

On the bright side, he can take some names off his Christmas present list.

Wow…That was…I just…DAMN!!!

2 Likes

Except unlike his movies you didn’t see it coming from the very beginning! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also unlike his movies, people are actually watching this ad.

4 Likes

70sshow-kelso-burn

12 Likes

Why does the ad only have white people in it?

… Oh…

12 Likes

Yeah, and clearly they weren’t in Arizona - they even referred to Arizonans as ‘them’ - a subtle reinforcement that the candidate isn’t from here.

2 Likes

one feeling
Ouch

We’re getting to shades of the civil war… “The Terrill brothers were … brigadier generals on opposite sides of the conflict— James Barbour Terrill within the Confederate Army (killed at the Battle of Totopotomoy Creek) and William Rufus Terrill within the Union Army (killed at the Battle of Perryville)” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brother_against_brother

All we need now is one of these siblings to run against him.

1 Like

Yeah, the Wikipedia article is quite a read. Tried to impeach an EPA head when she enforced environmental law. Boycotted Pope Francis’ speech about climate change. Voted against access to legal cannabis for veterans. Sided with with Alex Jones about Charlottesville. But wait! There’s more!

8 Likes

Those were my exact words too.

Holy shit thats dark and brutal in all the right ways. His family even considers him trash. I cannot possibly see anyone electing him if they see that.

Far more unpredictable than Shyamalan twists lately.

2 Likes

Wow, he must be a real dick.

But his family are clearly civilised, middle class, well-off, educated, intelligent citizens.

The Repugnicon party trollies, and all those voters who somehow, perversely, think the GOP is looking out for them against the liberal elite, will surely double-down after seeing this advert - it is clearly a load of liberal lies and fake news against a fine upstanding candidate. They’ll vote for him, alright.

4 Likes