State Department inspector general Steve Linick fired on a Friday night, weird, wonder why?

Upvote. Any mention of Danny Kaye is welcome.

2 Likes

Republicans murder. There. FTFY.

7 Likes

Disgusting corruption. This is the most corrupt administration in American history.

3 Likes

And it’s up against some stiff competition. The US has held an international reputation for corruption since the very beginning. But Donny may be the first actual traitor in the presidency, working the will of his foreign owners. Treason trumps mere corruption.

11 Likes

“Democracy Dies in Darkness”.

2 Likes

Am I the only one surprised an Obama appointee lasted this long?

3 Likes

It’s understandable (though, of course, corrupt and evil) for Trump to fire IGs who are investigating him and his but what’s not understandable is why the Dems aren’t given press conferences on the capital steps, raising high heaven, introducing bills protecting IGs, and holding hearings, um, yesterday. No doubt we’ll hear about a sternly worded letter about 29 days from now but, hello?, Congress?, yeah, you guys, your are a majority of Dems, right? So, WTF aren’t the DEMs making a stink, a huge stink? At the least make the GOP pay a steep price for firing all of the executive branch IGs. The oddest part of Trump’s trampling on democracy is that the Dems don’t seem to understand what’s going on and/or are miscalculating the politics of the situation.

8 Likes

I don’t get it. Steve Linick is one of the checks-and-balances that Trump is removing.

3 Likes

I’d love to see what Randy Rainbow could do with that tune.

2 Likes
10 Likes

I’m a maroon!

1 Like
10 Likes

Don’t worry, you can rest assured that Mitch McConnell will hold him accountable for abuse of power. It’s not like he would ignore blatant obstruction of justice or anything.

4 Likes

He would have loved to, but given the oversight role of IGs they are covered by laws requiring a specific process, so he had to do it.

1 Like

From the BBC:

“Meanwhile, on Saturday, the White House said the decision to oust Mr Linick was prompted by Mr Pompeo himself. “Secretary Pompeo recommended the move, and President Trump agreed,” an official said.”

ugh, it doesn’t get any more blatant than this. And you know what? It truly doesn’t matter. The rule of law is shit. Each side doesn’t care as long as they’re “winning”. None of them realize that this is all the world’s shortest sighted game, and everyone eventually loses.

6 Likes

Scott Pruitt seemed to be cartoonishly corrupt. Not as bad as Trump in dollar figures, but similar in being corrupt about EVERYTHING.

1 Like

I’m surprised it took this long. If the shoe was on the other foot and I was an incoming Democrat President, I would immediately bounce all the Trump appointees that I could.

2 Likes

Rule of law does matter. The rich and powerful have always been able to get away with things others could not, but the Trump admin has basically said “fuck it” and are not even trying to hide the fact that they don’t care. With congress not willing to hold the admin accountable, and the GOP base incapable of saying their team may have some integrity issues, we are now close to throwing even the pretense of law out the window.

4 Likes

Fired Inspector General Was Getting Too Close to Solving Dog Walker, Dry Cleaning-Gate

2 Likes

It’s like watching someone taking a bullet for someone in slow motion. The administration obvious knows this is a problem, and the only way they can protect Trump is by having Pompeo say he did it. Problem with that of course is he was investigating Pompeo. Normally you want someone unrelated to do the firing, but at this level it is either Trump or Pompeo and we know who wins that one

2 Likes