Stephen Colbert – corrupt Supreme Court is now "null and void"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/01/stephen-colbert-corrupt-supreme-court-is-now-null-and-void.html

9 Likes

For your bbs viewing convenience

19 Likes

rejecting his lawyer’s claim that the former president could not have been prosecuted even if he ordered SEAL Team Six to assassinate a political rival, unless Trump were also impeached and convicted by the Senate.

Here’s the argumentum moronicum against even that pathetic “unless impeached” stipulation: If you can legally order the assassination of anyone unless impeached, then step one: assassinate everyone who even might be inclined to impeach you.

25 Likes

I assume if SCOTUS rules that TFG has immunity for official acts and that declaring yourself winner instead of actual election results is an official act, that it follows that Biden will simply declare himself winner before the next election even happens.

The only question being if our other norms can overcome such a declaration or not.

11 Likes

Norms? Where We’re Going, We Don’t Need Norms

12 Likes

these are some truly dark times.

9 Likes

Season 3 Hello GIF by Paramount+

18 Likes

I have to hope that SCOTUS understand that a President who has full immunity is also a President who doesn’t really need an independent SCOTUS. They give up the majority of their power and prestige if they rule in Trump’s favour.

20 Likes

But, you see, the leopard won’t eat THEIR faces.

ETA: which is just what Dark Leopard Biden wants them to think

13 Likes

This was my favorite hot take along those lines.

17 Likes

1ucst0

10 Likes

They’ll be revoking Madison vs Marbury next.

5 Likes

I read an SF book where that was part of the history. The US eventually turned into a theocracy, and it appeared the author thought this was a good thing.

3 Likes

“Got Faces?”

“Where the faces at?”

13 Likes

Was going to suggest, why doesn’t Biden just fire 6/9 of the Justices?

5 Likes

We don’t need no stink’n judges!

3 Likes

Colbert is spot on. SCOTUS has been null and void for some years now. Ecrase l’infame!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.