Stephen Miller says pro-Trump "alternate slate of electors" will submit their votes to congress

AC in DC?

5 Likes

Perjury doesn’t exist in the context of congress outside of the hearing process.

This is just not a thing. There’s not a process for other parties besides the appropriate state authorities to submit electors, no process for anyone but the state authorities to select electors. No authority or roll for random assholes labelled electors by whoever the fuck.

This just isn’t a thing. They can have a GOP congress person submit a resolution or legislation. But it’s not passing, has no effect, and would be unconstitutional even if it did. Largely would carry no weight.

It’s like saying your sending an alternate slate of votes to the moon. Or you’re new bill is going to an alternate congress.

2 Likes

Fixed
and, yes! hopefully for a long and successful career! AOC, she’s my jam!

edit: format

10 Likes

Can’t the Democrats just say that they have 81,282,376 “alternative electors” who also are willing to, and have, cast their vote?

4 Likes

47 Likes
17 Likes

Meanwhile, in Michigan:

24 Likes

It’s absolutely fucking INFURIATING that the Democrats aren’t moving to meaningfully punish the seditious pieces of shit who are going along with this kind of thing. No, Ms. Pelosi, you chickenshit, a sternly worded letter is NOT sufficient.

22 Likes

On average trump voters aren’t poor or disadvantaged.

They deserve to be though.

11 Likes

Comment of the day. I feel this.

11 Likes

I was channeling my inner John Oliver. He would have said that in such an amusing way.

10 Likes

Wow! I wonder how that isn’t some form of “impersonating and official” situation for which they could be arrested or fined. Oh wait… they’re white and privileged.

3 Likes

Assuming that these alternate electors really exist, it’d be fun if they all turned out to be “faithless” electors who all vote for Biden.

Miller: “Well fuuuuuck!”

(Since they’re not endorsed by state governors or legislatures, it’s a worthless puppet show.)

11 Likes

Call the cops. Attempted election fraud. Dan Patrick, where’s my $1Million check?

14 Likes

Well, SNL did an alternate history skit in 1979 where the pod landed in Nazi Germany. Uberman (Dan Akroyd) then acted on behalf of “untruth. injustice, and the Nazi way”, to secure an Axis victory. He reveals that Jimmy Olsen (Al Franken) is a spy in their midst, explaining that thanks to his X-ray vision he can tell Jimmy is a Jew!

6 Likes

It’s the thought that counts.

2 Likes

Let me guess -these ‘electors’ will show a decisive Trump victory. They will print their landslide data at Kinkos and discuss on Fox News. Like this:

7 Likes

I mean, I know it’s 70s SNL but that’s still disappointing. Superman is literally based on an existing German word.

They can go to both alternate and regular detention, to be served consecutively!

1 Like

Or, ya know, the alternative to that would be fine, too.

2 Likes