Steroid COVID Trump is on a rampage tweetstorm (again)

Stable Genius.

So Trump bloviates:

I have fully authorized the total Declassification of any & all documents pertaining to the single greatest political CRIME in American History, the Russia Hoax. Likewise, the Hillary Clinton Email Scandal. No redactions!

Well, when President Biden* gets in office, it is gonna be beautiful when he starts declassifying and cleaning up house in the DOJ and intelligence communities. (And a fully unclassified Mueller Report will be just the start.) They are going to have free rein to shut down the bullshit Barr investigations and re-re-re-investigate Trump and investigate Barr, the Trump scions, everything. All Trump’s, Barr’s, Pompeo’s communications with foreign leaders will be opened up. Biden’s AG will have four lovely years to dig up all the muck Trump has created in these past four years. But do it quick before the statute of limitations applies: which means, for his initial crimes, only one year to get the indictments filed.

*Assuming we aren’t all wearing goatees and not in the darkest timeline on Nov 3rd.

4 Likes

Do you have evidence of some sort suggesting that Biden and his new gang would be any less likely than Obama and his were to let the crimes of the previous administration go without prosecution?

15 Likes
6 Likes

I’m pretty sure they are just trying to get him across the finish line. The next couple weeks will be bonkers.

4 Likes

I’m just looking at it! :wink:

(Not much else to do but let the tweetstorm burn itself out. Literally, hopefully.)

1 Like

“Man, will you shut up?!”

8 Likes

Someday he’ll become completely ignorable again. I can only hope for that.

3 Likes

The jokes write themselves!

3 Likes

trump: what if – and i am just asking here… what if we just fill twitter up, so there’s like, no more room? just fill it up with stuff from our side, just stuff it full. wouldn’t that make it harder for anyone else to tweet?
staffer: well that’s not really how it w…
trump: you know, just fill it so full that all people get is our brand. i mean our message. can we look into that? can we try that?
staffer: we could try it sir, i suppose… but
trump: ok good. good. yeah i think that would work. and sleepy joe’s tweets would just kind of bounce off? because twitter is full? just, you know, bounce right off and back to joe?
staffer: absolutely sir, they would. we can do that.
trump: ok.

9 Likes

In the interests of “fuck that guy”, I have a pic of a groundhog that I saw right by my apartment building.

18 Likes

But luckily, we know everything about the effects of C19, especially combined with the cocktail they gave him. /s

(Mainly in ICU patients, especially on ventilators.)

8 Likes

That’s for sure, although I’m still not convinced he’s really screwed up to this point. He should have someone nearby that prevents him from doing crazy things such as ordering the arrest of his opponents, or a nuclear attack. He’s the POTUS, not some unknown dictator in a 3rd world country almost nobody knows about. Although a tweet isn’t a bullet, a train of fucked up tweets from him could cause even more armed idiots to go around shooting bullets. In other words, he’s the chief but his responsibilities should come first - and there should be people around him to prevent the damage that come when insanity is paired with power.
Something doesn’t sound right; the whole thing seems to me more like a giant weapon of mass distraction: write crazy things to move away attention to other stuff, also taking away media coverage from the opponents.

3 Likes

No, but we can hope.

It depends on who he chooses for various cabinet members. if Elizabeth Warren (or someone similarly serious) is picked for Attorney General, then we’ll know Biden’s serious about cleaning house.

3 Likes

I am thinking there is a non-zero chance the DoJ news conference later on “about a national security concern” will reveal an indictment of Biden on some Trumped up (HAH!) charges and a push for his arrest.

6 Likes

Just slap a bandaid on it and hope it goes away. Why change anything now?

I don’t agree with this. Having a 'roided up and mentally compromised POTUS kind of matters to me. Someone needs to 25 45. Just give the reigns to Pence until you calm the F down and get better.

People call me 45,
I’m lucky to be alive!
I get so annoyed
When people yell 'ROID
Wanna stab them with a knife!

2 Likes

Interesting, after dangling offers of huge relief packages, less than 24 hours later he’s saying no more of that until after the election. Seems like blackmail and a way, he may think, of pressuring industries and unions to endorse him. “I’ll give you a lot more than Biden will, but only if you vote for me.”

2 Likes

So, is twitter itself of any social benefit? Are people more informed or connected as a result of it? I haven’t ever joined and I don’t actively go look at and follow any accounts, so I really don’t know. The closest thing I have is an instagram account that I use to follow my daughter posting up drawings. My feeling about this is that at least when it comes to the intersection of twitter and this president it has been a disaster for the world.

2 Likes

Disagree. He’s saying “no more of that unless I am elected.” It’s a shakedown, straight up.

10 Likes