Steve Bannon sunk $60M of Goldman Sachs' money into a failed World of Warcraft goldfarming scheme

Why am I not surprised – gold farmers and spammers are the bane of every online gamer, he’s just expanded his venue. He needs someone to go Leeroy Jenkins on him.

3 Likes

maybe he thought it was an actual gold mine?

Steve Bannon sunk $60M of Goldman Sachs’ money into a failed World of Warcraft goldfarming scheme

15 Likes

disturbing …

4 Likes

and you know he’s made millions off seinfeld, right?

5 Likes

Gotta inflate the bubble before it can go pop. I predict 2020 for things to go turd shaped to the point trumpsters notice and can’t blame us libtards.

3 Likes

…does not begin to describe that image.

4 Likes

Looking at wikipedia. Bannon left Goldman Sachs before 1990. The IGE thing happened in 2006. While he was still involved in it, it looks like he was on the convincing end, not the investing end. The article is inaccurate to portray it as something he did while working for Goldman Sachs.

1 Like

Bannon served as the CEO of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign

Chief Entertainment Officer?

1 Like

#                          “Boars.”

3 Likes

So what you’re telling me is that he accidentally, through no fault of his own, did a little good in the world?

What could possibly go wrong with finding the people who have invested most heavily in the collapse of US economy and society, and giving them the keys to the country?

2 Likes

Rich people who got rich getting their estimates wrong by a factor of 5 are: annoyingly lucky; prone to believe they’re super-blessed with amazing foresight; still completely wrong; annoyingly lucky.

4 Likes

Breitbart, which, coincidentally, also peddles imaginary stuff on the Internet.

Hey, there’s nothing wrong with peddling imaginary stuff on the internets. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

You’re missing that the company he invested in was also linked through the founder, Brock Pierce, to Digital Entertainment Network, a company that seems to have been sunk by claims of sexual harrassment and abuse, brought by boys, against its executives (which included Pierce).

What is it about the alt-right and gamers?

3 Likes

And bottlecaps, if he’s ever played the fallout games…

No big reveal here.
Bannon seems like the type that all his ideas exploit others

1 Like

Shit-storm to right of them,
Shit-storm to left of them,
Shit-storm in front of them
Volley’d and thunder’d;
Storm’d on with orders and meets’,
Boldly they pro-claim and tweet,
Into the jaws of confusion,
Into the mouth of a mess
Rode the fourteen blunders.

1 Like

Didn’t @Doctorow write a book about this?

For the Win

1 Like