Steve Harvey doesn't want to host Family Feud any more

Two corrections:

• Cabrini Green was NOT on Chicago’s South Side. In fact, it was just west of the wealthiest neighborhood (the Gold Coast);

• Steve Harvey didn’t live in Chicago when he was growing up.

5 Likes

I thought he seemed like a cool guy, before I saw this:

6 Likes

It’s been too late, ever since Mr. Harvey took it upon himself to act as some sort of ‘relationship guru’… despite the fact that he’s on his 3rd marriage.

Hey, Steve; go stick your “well meaning” advice where the sun don’t shine.

9 Likes
3 Likes

Vid no play.

ETA:

Works now.

Again, Steve Harvey can kick rocks, barefoot.

I think he grew up in Cleveland. The episode of “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee” that featured him was great and is worth checking out.

2 Likes

Even funnier the second time, i gotta say. Is this the person who did the trump videos? Looks like the same style.

Family Feud is one of my favorite game shows ever. Sadly, it is so raunchy I am not sharing it with my kid. Maybe have to find some reruns of the old show.

1 Like

You mean, like the older episodes where it’s just Richard Dawson macking on someone’s grandma?

I’m not even being sarcastic necessarily. Those episodes may have been the “good” ones…

1 Like

I recall seeing a documentary on Louie and his time on Family Feud and boy was that a dark time for him. Glad he’s bounced back. Never been a fan of him and his style of humor but i know what it’s like to be in a bad place, only i haven’t been on national TV during all of it.

3 Likes

The craziest shit I’ve seen was where the question was “Name a profession that does not require a conscience” (it may have been worded differently). Some interpreted it as “name a job that you could not perform if you had a conscience” and others took it as “name a job where your conscience never comes into play”.

Answers were all over the place and included cop, hit man, judge, and chef. [ It was before people were really hating on cops ]

2 Likes

What, no politicians?

6 Likes

I heard one of the show’s producers say the problem with Anderson was he didn’t care about the contestants.

In spite of Harvey’s other faults he does seem to genuinely like talking to and laughing with people which makes Family Feud with him fun to watch.

2 Likes

Hand job

3 Likes

I gotta find the damn video now.

6 Likes

Now you two have me pondering the moral implications of hand jobs.

If you stop before the guy is “done,” is that unconscionable?

1 Like

I’ll take his smarmy flirting over the outright raunch of the newer shows.

Though honestly I do like Steve Harvey. He isn’t the problem. Hell he seems embarrassed and dismayed at the “quality” of some of the answers. I think it is the producers for one, coming up with questions that would lead to those answers, and for not putting the kibosh on it. When you have preacher’s wife giving the answer of “sperm” for “Something you put in your mouth but don’t swallow”, something has gone off the rails.

I mean yeah, it is funny. Fine for adults. Good fun. I just wish I could share with a 10 year old.

I guess he’s going to work on his second career of giving awards to the wrong people?

1 Like

ah, shit. my memory playing tricks on me.

1 Like