Still not admitting defeat, defeated Kari Lake refers to herself as the 'duly-elected governor' of Arizona

Originally published at: Still not admitting defeat, defeated Kari Lake refers to herself as the 'duly-elected governor' of Arizona | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Go jump in a you, Lake.

41 Likes

Duly-elected? As in “elected by James Duly, campaign donor.” /sarcasm

Incredible: there are no consequences to fraud. Specifically, the fraud of Ms Lake pretending to be an elected official.

28 Likes

Arizona dont want you Lake,wake up

24 Likes

If she keeps it up long enough, maybe in a generation or two she’ll be tolerated with affectionate amusement as a Phoenix eccentric. Or not.

She should probably eschew the title of Protector of Mexico, though.

26 Likes

Delusional-ly elected.

21 Likes

In the same way that Captain Crunch was a real captain.

34 Likes

Welcome aboard, Comrade! :smile: :+1:

18 Likes

Now I desperately want to see her pull up tot he Governor’s Mansion with a moving truck full of her crap, only to get tased for trespassing by a state trooper…

19 Likes

It may be different if she actually tries to take any action beyond words. I hope so.

5 Likes

I just wanna ask her, “You were a news anchor and journalist for most of your career. Can you point to an exact moment when that little girl who wanted to report the news died and you became just a lying, power obsessed grifter?”

24 Likes

I wonder if this would classify as “stolen honor”?

5 Likes

Her claims reminded me of the characters of “Duke” and “King” from Huckleberry Finn.

8 Likes

I doubt that many San Franciscans would appreciate the comparison. Norton was a self-proclaimed Emperor, and never fraudulently claimed to have won any popular elections. Besides, many of his imperial decrees were quite sensible and popular, such as this one:

29 Likes

Sadly the records of Captain Kangaroo’s exploits during the war are lost to the passage of time.

27 Likes

“Lost”? As I understand it, historians now believe Captain Kangaroo’s records were suppressed by the military junta that briefly held power in Australia after the Emu Wars. The official record only has details of the Captain being found guilty of gross misconduct and light treason in a predetermined political show trial.

Fun Fact: That’s where the term “kangaroo court” comes from.

30 Likes

I’m not sure if this comment is a knowing joke or accidentally highly appropriate… Bob Keeshan was in the military during WWII, which ended before he got shipped out, but there’s all these urban legends about how he was a highly decorated war hero that have taken on a highly colorful life of their own…

14 Likes

I am going with accidentally appropriate. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

over it dead horse GIF

7 Likes

I met the good Captain. He is redoubtable!

11 Likes