Stockholm bus explosion caught on dashcam

I think I can guess the meaning of the Swedish word “totalförstördes” from context …

4 Likes

I think they are speaking Polish. Male says ‘what an idiot’, followed by the female ‘what’.

2 Likes

The bus wasn’t in regular traffic, which is why it was empty. The driver chose to take a different way than the planned one to get from the depot to the start of his route.

2 Likes

A rumour is that the bus driver stopped at the big red flashing weichle height warning signs and after a while they shut of and he strated accelerating forward. When he did that people started filming and honking.

6 Likes

That looks like an articulated bus, so around $375,000.

1 Like

Sounds pretty plausible. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from the 11’8 bridge channel on YouTube, it’s that virtually no amount of warning will stop drivers of tall vehicles from running into stuff overhead.

2 Likes

I think that she maybe realized that it was going to hit (not explode).

1 Like

Unbelievable that the driver survived this.

1 Like

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti…

2 Likes

Um, the roof should duck?

1 Like

Interview with the guy who took the video: https://www.dn.se/sthlm/adam-filmade-bussexplosionen-var-jatteorolig/

He reacted that the bus in front of him in the queue into the Klaratunneln struck in the plastic pipes hanging down from stands that control the height of the vehicles that will enter the tunnel.

-I immediately thought the bus was too high. I have been working for 11 years in the area and have never seen any bus that has run in there.

3 Likes

The roof could crumple, bringing the fuel tank below the offending obstacle without damaging it. Alternatively, the roof could be sloped up and above the top of the fuel tank, and sturdy enough to stop the bus before the fuel tank hits the obstacle (below a particular speed).

They are. Now.

Alternatively: They were just trying to remove the limitations.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.