Stonehenge: we may now know who they were and what they were doing

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/03/stonehenge-we-may-now-know-wh.html

4 Likes

But we still don’t know what they would think of us if we were here tonight.

11 Likes

I think that place used to be called england (lowercase e)

4 Likes

They were Welsh? That explains everything…

5 Likes

All a part of Samsonite which used to be a part of Englandia which is just a smaller section of Jerusaport.

3 Likes
7 Likes

Just leaving this here for anyone interested.

1 Like

“Signals from the Bone” was known to be the hip rock band listened to by banshees and man’s men alike.

3 Likes

Well, thank you for this!

Also,

2 Likes

kinda sad when your Stonehenge parody song is so clearly the 2nd best Stonehenge parody song

6 Likes

If I understand strontium analysis correctly, the people who are said to be from west Wales may have just lived there for the last ten years of their lives (that’s all the strontium will definitively show.) So they may have come from the Salisbury Plain, then traveled to Wales and spent ten years cutting stone, then came back to Salisbury with the stones

8 Likes

They may well have been Wessex men who spent time in the Cambrian Mountains, but not for quarrying purposes, apparently (or not for these stones, anyway). The Guardian’s coverage of the same research mentions that:

the stones were quarried centuries before they arrived at Stonehenge.

8 Likes

I thought Stonehenge was something like this:

34 Likes

“Hundreds of years before the dawn of history.”

5 Likes

I think that the problem may have been, that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being crushed by a dwarf. Alright?

4 Likes

That tended to understate the hugeness of the object.

5 Likes

Your divisive rhetoric is what’s wrong with Henges today.

3 Likes

I’ll take Ylvis over spinal tap anyday. All ST ever did was parody one thing. Ylvis are genre breaking artists.

2 Likes

Roger that. It never made sense that a bunch of Englishpersons could have built anything like Stonehenge.

3 Likes

It was actually an early precursor to wall street, and they were just trying to henge their bets.
:rofl:

4 Likes